My husband and I spent an absolutely delightful overnight at the spectacular Greenbrier Resort and loved every minute of it. The service was impeccable, the food delicious, and the setting was awesome. I personally love the Dorothy Draper decor (to visit but not actually live with) but even my husband admitted it and was very well done added to the overall ambience. We ate at Drapers several times ( the Chicken Pot Pie and the Chicken with Waffles are to die for), had breakfast and High Tea in the Main Dining Room and drinks in the lobby bar and in Carlyles. Every venue was different but all equally wonderful. I highly recommend a carriage ride around the property and the Bunker Tour, but it is just as enjoyable to sit and people watch in the lobby, window-shop in the boutiques or wander around the property. Our room was big and gorgeous - a corner room, which surprised me since we were there on a discount promotion. I thought we would get a small room in the attic for the price we were paying. We plan on going back often to see the resort at different times of the year. The robes they provide are the softest, most comfortable i have experienced and they are very reasonably priced. (under $100) so now I get a wonderful reminder of the Greenbrier every morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv