Five Ways To Alienate a Greenbrier 21+ Year Patron and 10-time+ Couples Visit (not corporate/convention) -- All With Upgraded Golf and/or Spa Treatments
1. Fail to cordially recognize and thank a multiple time guest;
2. Instruct Front Desk (Shelly?) to ignore upgrade privileges with your corporate partners and say the hotel is full and upgrades are not available because the hotel is completely full;
3. Fail to have Front Desk to check with reservations office and its own website, both of whom indicate the hotel has availability in every single room/suite category;
4. Have Manager on Duty (Jack Olshen?) repeat #2 and #3 when supporting Front Desk clerk; and,
5. Have Manager on Duty say both the reservation office and website always show availability and that the Greenbrier regularly overbooks its rooms, despite requiring one nights deposits fully paid and a 72 hour cancellation policy, all for a hotel that is at least 3.5 hour drive, or flight, from major metropolitan areas.
Nevertheless, despite this years AAA downgrading of Greenbrier to only 4 diamonds from its 36 year history of having a 5 diamond rating, we still enjoyed our stay and the staff, surroundings and ambience.....all of which are truly unique.
However, this visit would have been more enjoyable if we had had a bathmat, shower cap, wash towels and various other room amenities (which we had to call to correct), if the mattress had been replaced within a reasonable cycle, or, the air conditioner didn't remind one of a diesel truck entering your room each time it cycled on/off.
You have now lost BOTH your Mobil 5 Star and AAA 5 Diamond ratings. To many of us, these ratings do matter and objectively indicate levels of service and value.
We may visit again, however, we have growing concern about the longevity of your 710 room hotel if past quality and guest appreciation continue to evaporate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv