I know the reputation. The hotel and its amenities lived up to it, but I just can't get over paying $4 for iced tea in the middle of nowhere. The casino personnel were great, but the rule of "jackets for gentlemen after 7PM" did not deter boisterous guests from whoopin' and hollerin' at a $10 table.
The golf courses were a disappointment in view of the greens fees. Practice area and the Greenbrier course in particular were way too soggy nothwithstanding a lack of rain.
Been there, done that. Won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv