“Amazing service and grandeur” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Greenbrier to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
The Greenbrier
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986   |
“Amazing service and grandeur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The greenbrier is an amazing place to visit. I have visited multiple times for various occasions, and I still haven't seen and toured it all. The spa is a wonderful experience. Go early to your treatment to take in the relaxation room with complimentary juice,tea, and water. Also, the steam room is great as well as the actual treatment you go for. Draper's is the best restaurant for casual dining. I also loved the food at the Forum. The grilled vegetable appetizer was really delicious. The dessert was also very good. We had the Tiramisu and the apple fritter/caramel sauce/vanilla ice cream. It is a no miss for sure.

Room Tip: We reserved a junior suite for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids. Its was very spacious and we neve...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1,449 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Truly, there isn't a scale that can gauge how wonderful a meal is served, than anyplace at the Greenbrier Hotel.

The Greenbrier is on a level unto its own, simply due to the magnificent and breathtaking expanse of space. It is classy beyond imagine.

Although the Main Dining room is where many patrons choose to dine for most meals, we certainly hope they don't miss eating once (or twice, or dozens), at Drapers.

Named after the hotel's famous interior designer, Dorothy Draper, this hot spot downstairs near the Casino is lively and festive.

The decor is so "Draper-esque" in color and form! And the servers all wear what my husband and I refer to as Barbershop Quartet attire.

We loved every bit of the experience, most especially the FOOD!

If you decide to dine at Drapers, we insist you try the Fried Green Tomato sandwich. The taste will haunt you - it's heavenly.

As only the Greenbrier can, it is the perfect combination of fresh, organic, and local produce. With their own farm on campus, they grow everything 'in-house.'

It's really much like dining in Europe (where you can be confident your food hasn't been sprayed with herbicides and pesticides).

We will be talking about Drapers' lunch for months and months. We cannot wait until our next excuse to return for another lunch (or breakfast, or dinner, or ice cream...!) at this great venue!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went to dinner with a group of red meat eaters, so I was a bit worried about my options. I was quickly put to ease as I tasted my tuna tartar appetizer. It was delicious!! Then my herb rubbed salmon came out and with the first bite I was sold. The combination of herbs was perfect. It wasn't to overpowering but enough to add the right amount of seasoning. I requested the sautéed spinach in place of the fingerling potatoes. My friends had the lobster mashed potatoes with their steaks and they raved about their meals. We were too full for dessert, but they sounded wonderful!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had lunch here one afternoon. The service was great. Our waiter gave great recommendations. I enjoyed the fried green tomato sandwich with sweet potato fries. I never opt for fries but decided to try them on a recommendation and they were delicious!! Also, I tried the banana pudding cupcake. It was fantastic!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

From the minute you drive up to the entrance they are taking care of you. Before I could grab my purse from the backseat, they already had my door open. After checking in they immediately deliver the bags to your room. The activities desk booked all our kids camp and dinner reservations with ease. The concierge booked our in room babysitter for our adult dinners out. Everything was simple and easy. At the pool, they greet you and set up your pool chairs for the day. The afternoon tea is fantastic. Finally, the room was very clean and the housekeeping is great!! If your looking for pampering and great service this is the place to go!!

Room Tip: The junior suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Greenbrier is a throw back to old world elegance. The property was beautiful, food delicioius and activities bountiful. While 1/2 of our group went golfing, the other 1/2 went to the spa. The spa services were top notch and even had special services dedicated to young spa goers. Definitely bring a lot of $ since things were not cheap.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food was good and the staff is excellent as in every other area at the Greenbrier. A little pricey but everything at the Greenbrier is pricey. To me it was worth the money.

Been to The Greenbrier? Share your experiences!