“Business and Pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986   |
martinsburg wv
“Business and Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to work a convention at the Greenbrier and it was an awesome experience.
From the moment you drive on the grounds and step into the hotel it's luxury. Even though I was working I felt pampered. One of the Bellman told me that at the Greenbrier I was not to pick up anything heavier than a biscuit. Delightful. I would definitely would go again, I'll save up because you pay for all that service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am green with envey that I cannot stay at the wonderful Greenbrier more often. Once you drive into the exquisite grounds, you are taken to a different world. It's a world of peace and quite, yet with amny activities to peak your interest. The rooms are decorated with such a unique and comfortable style. The staff seem to enjoy and take pride in catering to your every need. There is a variety of places to enjoy excellent meals. You MUST try one of their signature deserts, The Greenbrier Peach! Of course, most people have heard of the golf courses there. They are absolutely excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ladson, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stopped here to tour the bunkers and have lunch previous to the tour. I had a ham sandwich (no side), and my husband had a reuben with chips. The quality was average.....ok but nothing to rave about. He had water and I had iced tea ($4 a glass). The sandwiches are grossly overpriced, and $3 for my husband's bag of chips is ridiculous. Our total bill (including gratuity which is automatically added) was $44. As my husband said, "It was really $14 for the food and $30 to say we ate at the Greenbrier!" We wouldn't have minded the bill if the food had been exemplary, but my advice is to skip the Greenbrier unless you have tons of money you really want to be rid of.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I loved this resort! The food was essentially superb in all venues (though pricey). Our room, though at the low end of the price range was bright and spacious with a queen, a sofa, a chaise, two arm chairs and a table, a walk in closet and large bathroom. The service was uniformly friendly and great from concierge to maid service. The spa was wonderful and the whole wing with the pool and spa was really lovely (I had the GB massage, soak and whiskey shower special). The underground vault is fascinating and worth the tour. The artist colony was charming with gorgeous items for purchase. An extended walk around the grounds, provided spectacular views in all directions.

My only criticism is with the decor, the chintz and floral excess is so dated and so overpowering. It makes a statement, and sets the GB off with its own unique look, but that signature is unfortunately loud, pink, green, and multi-patterned. Not very calming for a spa resort. But with the many amenities the GB has to offer, I soon overlooked the crazy decorating and looked for other diversions among its many offerings.

• Stayed January 2013
Belmont, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went with friends to the Black Jack Tournament and we had a great time. Rooms are nice, clean but small as compared to newer places but love the old decor reminds me of my childhood. I went with several college friends we had a great time. Some came with teenage kids that enjoyed the bowling and pool while we did the slots and tables.

Room Tip: Great place to meet friends and have a fun weekend.