Our week at the Greenbrier was simply a fabulous experience. While the resort is dated, it is not run down, just dated in a quaint, classic way. The grounds are immaculate with every detail covered. We are from the deep south, so when we arrived in our room and saw their signature slogan "It's sleepy time down south", we chuckled to ourselves. However, we are pleased to announce that while the Greenbrier is up north to us, they have southern hospitality down pat. ALL of the employees greeted us with smiles and seemed genuinely happy to be working at the Greenbrier. The property has everything you need - shopping, world class restaurants (world class wines as well), golf, activities - swimming, bowling, video games for the kids, etc. The SPA treatments are as good as anywhere we have been. Oh, did I mention the sleigh ride? Wow. We thought when we booked a week in the winter that we might be bored after a couple of days, well we weren't. In fact, one day we realized we haven't even left the building, much less the property. Golf, walking, hiking trails abound. We are planning another trip. Save your money, it is worth the price!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv