We stayed at the greenbrier for my husband's birthday one weekend in march 2013. From the moment we pulled up we experienced nothing but the best service one could expect. Everyone was jumping at the chance to help us check in, get our luggage to our room, show us around etc.
The decor is interesting but we were expecting that from pictures on trip advisor and reading about the history of the resort. There are bold colors everywhere with loud carpet and wallpaper but it seems to work for this historic hotel. However the bathroom
In our room seemed more like a bathroom at someone's grandmother's house than a 4-5 star resort. I would never claim to be an interior decorator but the wallpaper in the bathroom was not as well done as the rest of the resort and didnt seem to go with the wallpaper in the room. Also there was no counter space (the bathroom had a pedestal sink). The shower had good water pressure and the heating/air conditioning unit in the room worked well and easily adjusted the temperature in the room.
We did the bunker tour which was very cool and informative. Our tour guide was entertaining. We had a super banana split at drapers and a delicious dinner at prime 44. The shops at the greenbrier had great hours (open til 9 or 10 on Saturday). We will definitely be coming back to the greenbrier!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv