We booked a stay at the Greenbier having stayed there one time previously. This was our first stay since the change of management and the construction of the casino. The resort was as gorgeous as before but the "food plan" change to the continental plan from an all-inclusive style (preciously all meals were included in the room price). They have added more variety in on-site restaurant choices so that you can select the level you want to spend for a meal although everything is still very pricey. We enjoyed all of our dinners and decided to go middle-of-the road with spending. We did book a massage (don't yet have couples massages) and enjoyed them but again they were rather pricey compared to what you would get elsewhere. If you have not taken the Cold War Bunder Tour you need to do this to get a feel for the secret kept by them and the federal government for a lot of years.
My only disappointment was in trying to leave the resort. I called ahead for my car and waited about 40 minutes with luggage in hand waiting for my car. It was very busy at checkout time and found out that no one recorded my request for my car and had to wait another 20 minutes to get it. All-in-all had to wait 1 hour to get my car. I heard numerous complaints about similar wait times for othere trying to check out (some even rode the bus to the valet parking area and picked up their car on their own). This was my only complaint about our entire visit.
I am also surprised that the Greenbier does not do a follow-up survey about a visitors stay so that they can improve services. I don't know if they think everying is perfect and don't need to do this but other high end restorts where we have stayed have done this everytime.
I don't know that I will return to the Greenbier since there are other similar high end restorts available but it was work the experience to see the changes made after the bankruptcy and the construction of the casino.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Hotel
- Greenbrier Wv
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.