“Wonderful 2 night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Greenbrier

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in White Sulphur Springs
The Greenbrier
You added The Greenbrier to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
philadelphia
“Wonderful 2 night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We spent 2 nights at the Greenbrier in early December. The resort has "shopping weekend" discounts at their stores. If you are going to buy gifts or memorabilia, this is the time to do it. We enjoyed everything we did--the hotel tour, the bunker tour, the champagne toast and waltz in the casino, the carriage ride, and tour of the President's cottage. The restaurants are pricey but the food is excellent. I plan to return next December. The staff was accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Crownsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed at the Greenbrier from 12/16 to 12/19 and had two rooms for a family of 5. The hotel was decorated for the Holidays and was absolutely beautiful!! My wife and I stayed here a few years back prior to the addition of the Casino and the recent refurbishment that has taken place and the hotel is gorgeous, everything just perfect. There is much to do, ice skating, bowling, indoor pool, golf, carriage rides, bunker tour, dining, casinos, move theater, etc. This was a great trip for all of us and allowed our teenagers to experience a part of history. Finally, the service is phenomenal. We had dinner at The Forum, Drapers and had room service on our final night and all were fantastic, especially the room serivice. The staff is as nice as can be and it is quite apparent that they want to make sure that your stay is outstanding!!!! Rooms are very spacious and beautiful as well. Enjoy!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Holly Springs, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My husband and I just came back from a wonderful 3 days at the Greenbrier. What a wonderful and historical place. The hotel is first class, rooms very clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and the bunker tour should not be missed! I can't wait to return for another visit this summer! It is nestled in the mountains of West Virginia and is a very lovely resort.

Room Tip: We had a standard room and it was perfect!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is an old school southern classic property well hidden mountain report. Only a few hours from Washington D.C. and Nothern VA area, the hotel offers a unique atmosphere and top-nouch hospitality.

My husband and I had a chance to visit The Greenbrier for our friend's wedding, and we were very impressed with incredibly hospitable people who work there and all the activities that were offered at the resort.

We stayed in the main hotel building, and our room was really hysterically designed - I am not a big fan of draperies ...and crazy wall papers.. I understand that that is one of the unique element of the property - but not my personal favorite... We also had a chance to visit cottages..and the cottages were SO wonderful. We are definitely staying at the cottage next time we visit. The rooms at the cottages are very spacious..and the cottage is equipped with fireplace, dining table, and large bathrooms. So, if you can, stay at the cottage.

The resort also offers varies activities including shooting, horseback riding, hiking, golfing, and many others. So, even if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere (like West Virginia), you have plenty of activities you can do. The bunker tour is so much fun and it's a must-activity when you are visiting the greenbrier.

The only downside of the resort is that things are STUPID expensive. This is definitely a place where you will over pay for everything you buy and do. Your bagel sandwich and a cup of coffee will cost you $20. So, keep that in mind. :)

Room Tip: If you can stay in the rooms at the cottages.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The customer service was upfront and personal. Waitress had a exceptional personality beyond her limits.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Second time I have been to the resort before Christmas. All the staff are a delight to be around. I actually want to personally thank the gentlemen who helped me find the West Virginia wing and walked me to the back doors to meet my party. I am planning to come in July for the 4th, I can't wait for the celebration and the beauty that has been blessed upon this hotel. Thanks again, until next year.

Room Tip: I have stayed at the West Virginia Wing rooms and inside the hotel rooms, they are very large and ve...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

We had a late lunch and were looking for "something" before the movie. My friend and I split the ham and cheese. It was on a delicious bun with lots of meat. They split the sandwich in the kitchen and brought it out on 2 plates with the sweet potato fries and it was more than enough for less than $9.00 each.

Been to The Greenbrier? Share your experiences!