We spent 2 nights at the Greenbrier in early December. The resort has "shopping weekend" discounts at their stores. If you are going to buy gifts or memorabilia, this is the time to do it. We enjoyed everything we did--the hotel tour, the bunker tour, the champagne toast and waltz in the casino, the carriage ride, and tour of the President's cottage. The restaurants are pricey but the food is excellent. I plan to return next December. The staff was accommodating and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv