Previous reviewers have pretty much covered everything about the Greenbrier. It is pretty much a "one-of-a-kind" type of place. I personally love the "Dorothy Draper" color schemes; the scale of the place is grand; every where you cast your eyes you see a photo op; and of course, there are little extravagant luxeries hidden here and there. But, the one thing that makes it "one-of-a-kind" is its people. The word "gracious" came to my mind when I decided to write another review of The Greenbrier. Everyone with whom we interacted, from the doormen, to the wait staff in all of the restaurants, to the golf shop folks, to the maids, were without exception kind, friendly, and genuinely caring. They often went out of their way to assist us. It may simply be the "West Virginia" way of doing things, but we have never experience that attitude to this extent at any other resort we have visited. So, yes, The Greenbrier is s special place for many reasons, but the best thing it has going for it is its employees, all 1600 of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv