What can I say about the greenbrier that could be in any way a complaint....? It rained one evening.!!!
Other than that, it was superb, the restaurant (there are four) and the wines were excellent, the service discreet and very efficient, the public rooms were beautifully furnished and tasteful, the atmosphere so relaxed,
Bedrooms were spacious and very well-appointed, with large bathroom and a walk=in dressing room area.
Staff were attentive and very courteous and good at their jobs....with a smile always on their faces..
Set in hundreds of acres of the most scenic countryside with walks and horse-drawn carriage tours, golf courses, bowling lanes, a huge swimming and water complex and even an underground nuclear bomb complex, we did not have enough time in 5 days to even see it all, never mind use the facilities. The list of guests over the years makes interesting reading, from King Edward V111 and Mrs Simpson to the Kennedy's and most of the Hollywood legends.
And lets not mention the new and exclusive Casino, so relaxed and ....yes, we lost some cash.So let's not mention that!!!
As an international traveler over the past 40 years, this is THE BEST YET.... and it did not break the bank either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv