I didn't know what to expect looking traveling to resort in West Virginia but I was pleasantly surprised by how I was greeted and how the staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was pleasurable.
The history of this property is remarkable and if you need to seek shelter in the event of a nuclear attack this is where you want to be. The Underground Bunker is enormous and you never realize you're in it unless you see the vault door.
Viewing Dresses of the First Ladies and the style of their era was quite interesting. The decor and architecture was a step back in time, and the gardens are absolutely breathtaking.
Bring your camera when you come or you will be disappointed if you don't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv