“Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Canal Winchester, Ohio
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I went to the Glassworks while staying at the cabins in Oglebay. When we arrived at the restaurant we had a very large party (7 adults and 6 kids). When I spoke to the hostess she was quite irritated by this. I told her we could be split up and were willing to wait a few minutes. She said she would see but did not think she could seat us.(I always though restaurants wanted you to eat at them). We could see plenty of empty tables. She came back after a few minutes and said if we could wait five minutes she would seat us. We were seated at 2:25 P.M. At this time the restaurant was not crowded at all.
Once we were seated the waitress came and took our orders. She brought our drinks and disappeared. After thirty minutes we had not seen her and our drinks were empty. My brother-in-law approached the bar which was empty. After another 15 minutes a busboy came out and my husband asked him to get us drinks (which he did). FINALLY, our waitress shows back up. When we asked about our meal (it had been 50 minutes since we ordered), she said it was almost done. Then she left again. At 3:30 our meal arrived (1 hour and 10 minutes later). It was hot and very good, but we were so irritated with the lack of service it ruined the meal.
I have no problem waiting in a restaurant when my drink is being filled and the waitress seems to care. Waitresses cannot help if a kitchen is slow, but no attending to your table for over 45 minutes is unacceptable. We will not be returning any time soon.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, GA
“Poor service and unprofessional wait staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

It was an early lunch and the view was great. Our server did take our order for a bottle of wine and wanted to take the rest of our order but we said we would like to have drinks first to have time to look over the menu. She then came back and told us it would be a bit because there was only 1 bartender. Isn't that normal? She then insisted on taking our order. Then next to our table looked to be the prep room and three servers stepped out into the dining room having a conversation about being told what they had to do and they were very unhappy with management. I was unhappy to listen to the conversation while our wine was still not at the table and it had been 15 minutes. Tables had been left uncleaned after previous diners and no one was attempting to clear them while we were there. The food was good when it arrived just after the wine, already opened and not served by our server. I did find the manager and ask if our server was new and was surprised that she was not. There are other options in the park and just outside of the park that will get my money in the future.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sun City Center, Florida
“A great place to gather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Glassworks is a great place to network with colleagues following a day's meetings. From the perspective of a bourbon lover, they have a well-stocked bar. The service from the bartenders could be a little quicker and they could be a tad friendlier, but, aside from that, Glassworks is a place to visit.

Visited June 2014
“Fun place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We chose the glassworks grill one night after returning late from golf. My grandson had the lobster Mac & cheese which he loved! My husband & I shared a pizza & an Italian panini , both were excellent.

Visited May 2014
Fairborn
“Food Is Good; Service Is Not”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Four of us stopped at this sports-type grill in the middle of Sunday afternoon. There are interesting glass pieces used as lighting fixtures. The menu has several enticing salads, burgers, sandwiches, paninis, pizzas and more in the $11 to $13 range. Unfortunately our service was terrible. We were seated and presented with menus promptly but it was more than ten minutes before our waiter Kalab asked for our drink order. Then it was another ten minutes or more for the drinks to arrive. And this late/slow pattern repeated for the second round of drinks and rest of our meal. Our meals arrived barely warm. As a result our lunch lasted for more than 2 ½ hours. The grill was only 1/3 full at this time of day so I’m not sure what was the problem. I cannot recommend the Glassworks Grill.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Glassworks? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Glassworks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.