“Safe visit for a Quick meal” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Greek, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Clark, Pennsylvania
“Safe visit for a Quick meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in to eat at Ye Olde Alpha based off of trip advisor rankings and we weren't disappointed. Our service was great and the food was pretty good. We stayed basic with salads and burgers. I will say that they seem to boast the onion rings but I just wasn't impressed. Also interestingly enough, they serve you a little cup of ketchup, not the bottle. I'm sure we could have gotten more if we asked but that just screams cheap to me. Our waitress was fantastic and we were in and out in a very short amount of time. If you are an atmosphere type of person, I think you'll be a little disappointed. It's an odd choppy set up. Overall as I rated, just average. $100 bill for five of us.

Visited December 2013

87% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

It's not cheap here, but the food quality isn't cheap either. Well worth the price. I had a delicious chicken dish and a black olive appetizer, and everything was phenomenal. Make a reservation if you can -- it's crowded even on weeknights.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Glad we stopped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I stopped her for dinner on the way to Illinois, based on Tripadvisor reviews. I'm glad we stopped. I got the Eagle burger and hubby got wings, which he loved. My burger was great, cooked to perfection and juicy. I also got the french fries drizzled with truffle oil and parmesan cheese. They were good, but came out cold. I'd imagine they would have been excellent fresh. The waiter was okay, nice, but okay. There was another lady there who helped us frequently who I am assuming was a hostess or maybe even the owner.

The atmosphere and decor leave a little to be desired, but all in all I would go there again if we were in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food was really good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Have not been back to Wheeling in years. Had to visit the Alpha. Same old look which you either love or hate. I personally enjoyed the dated atmosphere, that took me back. The food and service was not the same old Alpha. A very diverse menu. I had the Ahi Tuna rare and it was as good if not better than any. Excellent craft brew selection. The only suggestion is please add a good bottle of wine to your selection.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“A Great Place to Dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Extensive menu, excellent service, and comfortable casual atmosphere. I had the daily special (filet with blue cheese) and it was excellent, but I thought it was a wee bit overpriced by about $4-$5. I would eat there again. Generous cocktails.

Visited September 2013