“Pretty good food, small bar.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 98 Restaurants in Wheeling
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We were directed to Uncle Pete's Restaurant by our hotel’s staff. The several block walk in the rain brought us to a easily-missed restaurant, as it is on the north end of Wheeling’s business district. We arrived around 8 PM to find only a few patrons, all of whom were eating and drinnking at the lounge’s bar. We eschewed eating alone in the restaurant’s dining room to sit at a table in the lounge, which overlooked the river, if daylight would afford the view. We were initially concerned by the service provided by a young lady who was doing a good imitation of drug-induced distraction. The food stood in comparison: Cajun Shrimp was delicious; the Half Rack of Ribs was as good as any I have eaten and the “half rack” was more than sufficient. An excellent meal.
Moundsville, West Virginia
“Pretty good food, small bar.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went here for a birthday dinner mainly because I heard they had a bar. So i figured there would be a good beer selection. I was very disappointed with the selection. There was no beer on tap and only a feel choices in bottle. The food was pretty good, not great. They were out of a few of their specials, and it was only about six o clock on a Saturday which was a little surprising. Overall it was okay, not anything special.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful place for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

If it's summer time the outdoor patio is the place to eat, nice river view, deff get their potato balls if you go, you won't be disappointed in dinner

“Sick...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My family loves to come here. I'm not sure why. Every time I've eaten here, I've become ill. The last time I was here was for my mother's birthday, and both my husband and I ended up feeling poorly. I guess I just don't know what to order, but I'd love to come here just once and enjoy the food without having to take a Zofran chaser.

Moundsville, West Virginia
“Good Food but Cramped Spaces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had not been to this restaurant for some time. Visited with a party of eight for a family birthday dinner. Tried to make reservations, but they do not accept them on an evening when there are events in downtown Wheeling. We showed up, and waited at least 45 minutes to get a table for our group. That was okay, but there is just a small hallway to wait with no seating. We could have set in the bar area quicker, but opted to wait for a table in the dining area. Disappointed that the bar did not have draft beer. Server was sufficient, not overly friendly, and not great with drink refills. The food was good, though, and everyone was happy with their selection. The chef salad, while priced at $7.50, was definitely large enough to share. Choices at our table included Philly Steak sandwich, wings, Reuben, Baked fish, barbecued chicken, fish sandwich, and a pasta dish. All reported the food was good. It is an old house, so it's chopped up, but all in all a good evening. A common complaint of mine though, is restaurants not being capable to handle groups of six or more.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Glens Falls, New York
“Ribs done right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We sat in the bar area, barmaid who was also our waitress; was friendly and treated us like regulars. Husband ordered ribs. One bite and he said, "these are ribs done right!" I had crab cakes and veggies....best darn green and yellow beans and carrots I've ever had! Find this place in Wheeling...you won't be sorry!

• Visited October 2013