“Ribs done right!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 98 Restaurants in Wheeling
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We were directed to Uncle Pete's Restaurant by our hotel’s staff. The several block walk in the rain brought us to a easily-missed restaurant, as it is on the north end of Wheeling’s business district. We arrived around 8 PM to find only a few patrons, all of whom were eating and drinnking at the lounge’s bar. We eschewed eating alone in the restaurant’s dining room to sit at a table in the lounge, which overlooked the river, if daylight would afford the view. We were initially concerned by the service provided by a young lady who was doing a good imitation of drug-induced distraction. The food stood in comparison: Cajun Shrimp was delicious; the Half Rack of Ribs was as good as any I have eaten and the “half rack” was more than sufficient. An excellent meal.
South Glens Falls, New York
“Ribs done right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We sat in the bar area, barmaid who was also our waitress; was friendly and treated us like regulars. Husband ordered ribs. One bite and he said, "these are ribs done right!" I had crab cakes and veggies....best darn green and yellow beans and carrots I've ever had! Find this place in Wheeling...you won't be sorry!

• Visited October 2013

Houston, Texas
“Really great small-town restaurant and bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I ate here three times on my trip to Wheeling. The brunch was terrific, and I love the bar where I had dinner twice -- everyone really does seem to know everyone, and there's a great rapport between bartender and patrons. Service was efficient.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
GRAND RAPIDS
“Best Ribs I have eaten in awhile...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

When I first walked in I thought this was going to be a disaster. I had to wait at the end of the bar for a long time since there was not a sign saying where to go or what to do (I had walked up the back entrance) Finally I flagged down a busser to ask where to go and they got the waitress for me who asked if I want to sit outside. I said yes please. Beautiful view of the river on a 2nd story deck. I was seated and given my drink right away and then I am not sure if they forgot me but, I waited and waited ....about 12 minutes in, I asked if I could move to another 2 person table with a better view of the river. If I was going to wait, I wanted to see the sights.... I still waited....

25 minutes in and watching the waitress buss tables, wrap silverware, fill ketchup bottles, etc... I catch her eye and waved her over. She comes right over and I tell her that I am ready to order. She was apologetic and said that she was not my waitress but she would be happy to take my order. She also said that they were in the middle of a shift change is why I was forgotten.

I ordered the zucchini appetizer (this was brought out by another person who was not my waitress lol). OMG those were so good... long this slivers fried crisp and what tasted like homemade ranch dressing.... makes me salivate thinking about it right now. Then my main course of half rack of ribs with Brussels sprout sides (this time by my waitress.... she found me, she apologized for earlier so all was forgiven!!!!) Let me just say the food was utterly amazing....ribs were tangy, smoked fall off the bone... I took the rest back to the hotel and had it for breakfast it was soo good...Definitely give this place a try if you get to!

• Visited August 2013
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Great fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went for lunch and were seated immediately. Our waitress was exceptional and the menu was huge and varied, offering something for everyone. The wait was reasonable and the food was good, although my diet kept us from trying any of the many specialty creeps and sandwiches. Will return later for those!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One of the best of Wheeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I find this to be one of the best finds in Wheeling. The sandwiches are to die for. They roast all of their own meats. The turkey and french dip are among the best and for you so-called and full fledged vegetarians they offer a sandwich for you tooooo! I am not vegetarian but do enjoy the sandwich as well. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013