“The Challenger Center” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 27 Attractions in Wheeling
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Challenger Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2001

I have been to the Challenger Center twice in the past week. We went there on a field trip. It was cool. You get to do a simulated mission and every one has a job. Our Mission was Rendezvous with a Comet. There are problems that you have to solve and emergencies to figure out. The jobs are Isolation 1 2 and 3(tests things for radioactivity), Remote (takes care of the plants),
Life Support (Keeps track of temperature/humidity etc on the space staion), Medical (tests other crew members for visual/auditory reaction,blood pressure etc), Navigation (Finds the comet by indentifying other stars and finds out where to launch the probe), Data (sends and receives email like messages to/from Mission Control), Communication (the voice over the loud speaker! Sends/receives messages over the speakers to/from Mission Control) and Probe (builds the probe) I was Communication the first time and Navigation the second time. When you're in Mission Control you just help out the people in the space station. Also if you need help you just ask the mission commander (We had Commander Shia, Commander Morgan and Commander Fox)
Sorry if I left anything Out!!!!! I would definately go If I had the chance.
*RMH*