“Another incredible stay at the AWESOME Hampton Inn Wheeling” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Wheeling
Ann Arbor
“Another incredible stay at the AWESOME Hampton Inn Wheeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Well, they did it again! While the facility at the Hampton Inn Wheeling is top notch it is the fabulous staff that makes my stays at the Hampton Inn Wheeling so enjoyable. The entire team at the Hampton Inn Wheeling takes great pride in their ability to exceed their guests' expectations. No wonder they have been rated the #1 Hampton Inn worldwide!

This is my second time staying at the Hampton Inn Wheeling while on a motorcycle trip from Ann Arbor, Michigan to enjoy the beautiful twisty roads in WV. And like my first time at the Hampton the staff could not have been more accommodating. They even went out of their way to make sure our motorcycles were parked in the most secure and safest place possible. So I have to give a BIG shout out and THANK YOU to the entire staff I interacted with during my stay: From the front desk staff of Nancy Slanina, Bridgett Schwing, David Pittner, Rick Reddy, Jack Poling and the GM, Jennifer Tiano I say thank you for making us feel so welcomed. And I certainly can't forget to thank Taylor Smith who made sure we had just the right place to park our motorcycles and Jody Schenck who made sure everything was to our liking as we enjoyed the complimentary full breakfast that the Hampton Inn Wheeling provides. I look forward to the next time I'm in Wheeling so I can visit with my friends at the Hampton Inn Wheeling!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Wow! Thanks for that wonderful review! It was very nice getting to meet you and your group. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks also for mentioning so many of my team mates by name. Because you did so, they will all be rewarded and recognized at our next team gathering. I'm so glad that Taylor took the initiative to park your bikes in the most secure location. It worked out so well, we are going to make that the new standard for motorcycle parking! I'm pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Once again, thanks for the review, and for mentioning our #1 ranking! I hope you will return soon. Happy travels!

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mahomet, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on a long road trip from Illinois to Gettysburg and it was beautifully done. They had a very nice pool area, plus outdoor areas where folks could relax. But it was the service that really made the stay memorable. When we couldn't get all of our electronic devices online, we called Brigitte at the front desk. She didn't just push us off to a tech person, but came up to the room to see if she could help. When she couldn't get that to work, she called the tech folks from our phone. We never did get all our devices on WI-Fi, but I was really impressed with how she went the extra mile to try and help.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for that teriffic review! It is great to hear from one of Tripadvisor's Senior Contributors. I'm so glad you were pleased with everything, well, almost everything. Sorry about the trouble with your internet connection. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the entire staff. We are all so dependant on all of out techno - gizmos these days. There is no excuse for our wireless access not to work.
On a more positive note, thanks for mentioning our team mate Bridgett in your review! Because you did, she will be recognized at our next employee gathering. I'm so pleased to be able to reward her on your behalf.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon, and often! Happy travels!
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is better than most. The hotel is in a great location and the staff is the best. They have a nice outdoor seating area with a fire display and plenty of parking. Best choice when in Wheeling.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for that fantastic review! It is great to hear from a Tripadvisor Top Contributor. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations!
I get really excited when I read that an experienced traveler like yourself called our staff: "the best", That is high praise indeed! We have a great team and we are very proud of the service level that they provide guests like yourself.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon. Happy travels!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

As all Hampton Inns (Hilton owned) are, this one is particularly friendly, accommodating, and very clean. Hamptons are all we use if available, even if we might need to drive a few more miles. Plus with Hilton Rewards, we get some awesome deals.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for that great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings with us. Feedback is essential in our business. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Thanks also for your very kind comments about the Hampton chain in general. I'm a big fan of the Hampton chain, but having worked for them for 23 years, I'm not exactly impartial. It is exciting to be the #1 ranked Hampton Inn in the world. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the level of service we provided.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will continue to be loyal Hampton Inn guests and that you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Sewell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Could not have been happier with my stay at Hampton! Great value, super clean too! I worked out at the fitness center every day I was there. The free coffee was great and always full. The rooms large, had internet, fridge and micro wave. Both came in handy for eating my dinner left overs, this is a welcome trip cost cutter!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for that great review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations!
Thanks also for mentioning the value our hotel offers. We offer more unique amenities than any Hampton Inn that I am aware of, but more importantly we strive to offer a higher level of service, I'm pleased that you felt we did so.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon, and often. Happy travels!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in wheeling, W. VA. It was very convenient to many sights as well as easy to locate from 70E. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. The manager's dinner was great and lots of the staff were around checking in with guests.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for that very nice review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Location, location, location! It's the #1 factor when choosing a hotel to stay at, but usually not mentioned in reviews. Thanks for mentioning our location, which I believe is the best in Wheeling. Not only are we just 1/4 mile from !-70, but within walking distance to several restaurants and close to all area attractions.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon, and often! Happy travels!
Evans City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel does far more to make for a pleasent stay than most resort hotels. Very clean, great staff and the ammentities are wonderful for the frequent traveler. Pool/water zone is amazing. Fitness equipment is in good condition. Monday night is a special treat for guests. Food was great. They handled a capacity crowd (I was in town for a business conference) without a hitch. Close to Wheeling attractions and Pittsburgh. Great place for business or mini vacation.

Room Tip: Stay on a Monday night.