“Terrific hotel, location and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Wheeling
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Terrific hotel, location and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is better than most. The hotel is in a great location and the staff is the best. They have a nice outdoor seating area with a fire display and plenty of parking. Best choice when in Wheeling.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thanks for that fantastic review! It is great to hear from a Tripadvisor Top Contributor. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations!
I get really excited when I read that an experienced traveler like yourself called our staff: "the best", That is high praise indeed! We have a great team and we are very proud of the service level that they provide guests like yourself.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon. Happy travels!

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

As all Hampton Inns (Hilton owned) are, this one is particularly friendly, accommodating, and very clean. Hamptons are all we use if available, even if we might need to drive a few more miles. Plus with Hilton Rewards, we get some awesome deals.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thanks for that great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings with us. Feedback is essential in our business. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Thanks also for your very kind comments about the Hampton chain in general. I'm a big fan of the Hampton chain, but having worked for them for 23 years, I'm not exactly impartial. It is exciting to be the #1 ranked Hampton Inn in the world. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the level of service we provided.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will continue to be loyal Hampton Inn guests and that you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Sewell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Could not have been happier with my stay at Hampton! Great value, super clean too! I worked out at the fitness center every day I was there. The free coffee was great and always full. The rooms large, had internet, fridge and micro wave. Both came in handy for eating my dinner left overs, this is a welcome trip cost cutter!

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thanks for that great review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations!
Thanks also for mentioning the value our hotel offers. We offer more unique amenities than any Hampton Inn that I am aware of, but more importantly we strive to offer a higher level of service, I'm pleased that you felt we did so.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon, and often. Happy travels!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in wheeling, W. VA. It was very convenient to many sights as well as easy to locate from 70E. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. The manager's dinner was great and lots of the staff were around checking in with guests.

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thanks for that very nice review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Location, location, location! It's the #1 factor when choosing a hotel to stay at, but usually not mentioned in reviews. Thanks for mentioning our location, which I believe is the best in Wheeling. Not only are we just 1/4 mile from !-70, but within walking distance to several restaurants and close to all area attractions.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon, and often! Happy travels!
Evans City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel does far more to make for a pleasent stay than most resort hotels. Very clean, great staff and the ammentities are wonderful for the frequent traveler. Pool/water zone is amazing. Fitness equipment is in good condition. Monday night is a special treat for guests. Food was great. They handled a capacity crowd (I was in town for a business conference) without a hitch. Close to Wheeling attractions and Pittsburgh. Great place for business or mini vacation.

Room Tip: Stay on a Monday night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It was really great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations, that is our #1 goal!
I also would like to thank you for mentioning our Manager's Reception. As you mentioned in your review, we cook a full meal for our guests every Monday night. I'm so pleased that you were able to enjoy it!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit again soon (maybe even on a Monday!) Happy travels!
Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a very clean hotel and the roomaccommodations were out of this world. Every one of the staff was friendly. Loved the stay. The rooms were good size and bathroom was very big. Name brand soap, shampoo and conditioner, lotion the whole 9 yards which was very impressive. Provided things for technology support. Very impressed with the over all stay. Would def go back and stay here. Only negative is the parking. The parking lot was kind of far away and on a hill. This would definately not keep me from going back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you felt it was an "excellent stay"! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Thanks also for calling our accomodations "out of this world"! I don't hear that one too often. I was also pleased that you enjoyed our new bath amenities. They really are a step up in quality from what we used to have. Thanks for noticing!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Friendly, welcoming staff throughout the hotel - desk, breakfast, security, maintenance, housekeeping. Very comfortable room. Aquatic center a special treat - rain shower, hot tub, pool, sauna. Very complete breakfast service. We missed the regular Monday evening complimentary cookout dinner. We are repeat visitors over a 5 year period.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First of all, thanks for being a repeat guest, over a number of years. We really appreciate your loyalty, not only to the Hampton brand, but to our location specifically. Thanks also for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything!
It was especially nice for you to refer to our team as friendly and welcoming, and our pool as a special treat! I will certainly share your comments with our staff at our next team gathering.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will return to visit us again very soon. Happy travels!

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!