“Above & Beyond the Norm” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points Package
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Evans City, Pennsylvania
“Above & Beyond the Norm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel does far more to make for a pleasent stay than most resort hotels. Very clean, great staff and the ammentities are wonderful for the frequent traveler. Pool/water zone is amazing. Fitness equipment is in good condition. Monday night is a special treat for guests. Food was great. They handled a capacity crowd (I was in town for a business conference) without a hitch. Close to Wheeling attractions and Pittsburgh. Great place for business or mini vacation.

Room Tip: Stay on a Monday night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It was really great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations, that is our #1 goal!
I also would like to thank you for mentioning our Manager's Reception. As you mentioned in your review, we cook a full meal for our guests every Monday night. I'm so pleased that you were able to enjoy it!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit again soon (maybe even on a Monday!) Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a very clean hotel and the roomaccommodations were out of this world. Every one of the staff was friendly. Loved the stay. The rooms were good size and bathroom was very big. Name brand soap, shampoo and conditioner, lotion the whole 9 yards which was very impressive. Provided things for technology support. Very impressed with the over all stay. Would def go back and stay here. Only negative is the parking. The parking lot was kind of far away and on a hill. This would definately not keep me from going back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you felt it was an "excellent stay"! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Thanks also for calling our accomodations "out of this world"! I don't hear that one too often. I was also pleased that you enjoyed our new bath amenities. They really are a step up in quality from what we used to have. Thanks for noticing!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Friendly, welcoming staff throughout the hotel - desk, breakfast, security, maintenance, housekeeping. Very comfortable room. Aquatic center a special treat - rain shower, hot tub, pool, sauna. Very complete breakfast service. We missed the regular Monday evening complimentary cookout dinner. We are repeat visitors over a 5 year period.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First of all, thanks for being a repeat guest, over a number of years. We really appreciate your loyalty, not only to the Hampton brand, but to our location specifically. Thanks also for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything!
It was especially nice for you to refer to our team as friendly and welcoming, and our pool as a special treat! I will certainly share your comments with our staff at our next team gathering.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will return to visit us again very soon. Happy travels!
pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

we were accommodated for an early checkin. before noon. the room was clean and well appointed. bathroom was neat and sparkling. we took advantage of the shuttle service during our stay we met 3 different drivers, all good, but the Saturday late night driver to and from the casino was a charmer. he told us about the first time free play at the casino, long story short we ended up winning big time. thanks for the tip. the pool area was very well maintained. the entire staff all seemed quite happy with their jobs. the entire property really shines. I can see now why this the number 1 HAMPTON.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thanks for that great review! It is always nice to hear from a senior reviewer. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to exceed expectations, and it seems like we did so during your stay.
I'm pleased that we were able to accomodate your early check in request. It is not always possible to do so, but we try our best. I also loved how you described the team members as enjoying their jobs and the hotel as shining. To me, anything is possible, even being the #1 Hampton in the world, if the team buys in and really enjoys what they do. That is the very spirit of hospitality. I'm pleased that you feel we are performing to that high level.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again very soon. Happy travels!
kirtland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great hotel! Clean, well stocked bathroom. Comfortable beds and quiet room. Staff was polite, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They offer a shuttle to the casino as well. Will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thanks for that fantastic review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.
I especially appreciated your comments about the comfor and quality of our rooms. With all the exciting amenities we offer here, many times little things like bathroom accessories and comfortable beds go unnoticed. Thanks for noticing those littke details and offering your feedback.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope that, as you said in your review, you will stay with us again. Happy travels!
W. Bloomfield, MI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We have stayed here the past 4-5 years on our way to Rolling Thunder. The pool, the hot tub and the comfortable outdoor sitting areas are all a welcome relief after a long day on the Harleys! Also having a terrific sports bar just across the street allows for an adult beverage or two without the worry! We are already looking forward to our stay next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thanks for that great review, and thanks for making us part of your annual trek across America! I'm so glad that you found our hotel to your liking. We really are a convenient stop for bikers because of our covered parking, pool, hot tub and, as you mentioned, nearby restaurants and bars. I hope that we will continue to be your overnight stop for many years to come.
Thanks again for the review. We hope to see you for the next Rolling Thunder, if not sooner! Happy travels!
ann arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Returned to stay at the Hampton in Wheeling after a positive experience the 1st time here. It did not disappoint. I like the clean , quiet room and the nice breakfast. This is a very well run hotel and will always stay here when I am in Wheeling.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you so much for that great review and for staying with us a second time! We really appreciate your repeat business and are so glad that our hotel has exceeded your expectations.
Thanks also for your comments about the cleanliness of the rooms and our free breakfast bar. Those are two essential areas that we have poured a lot of hard work and dedication into, and I feel that it is really paying off. I'm pleased that you felt those areas were stand outs.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope that, like you said, you will always stay with us when in Wheeling! Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
#1 of 12 in Saint Clairsville
4.5 of 5 stars 224 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!