“The Hampton at Wheeling W.V.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   795 National Road, Wheeling, WV 26003   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Columbus, United States
“The Hampton at Wheeling W.V.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I were extremely impressed with the friendliness,cleanliness and overall great experience we had while our brief stay. It was an experience that I would recommend to anyone who would like to enjoy a time away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thanks for that great review! I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience, even though it was just a brief stay. I'm so glad that your husband and yourself enjoyed everything.
You mentioned friendliness and cleanliness in your review and I think that just about sums up the requirements for a successful hospitality experience. I'm pleased that our hotel exceeded your expectations!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon. Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Lancaster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

It was very clean and the staff was wonderful.Will visit again in the near future. They made you feel at home from the time you arrived and the staff did so great with the hot breakfast they keep it stocked and very clean and so much different types of food to choice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for that great review! I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience with us. I'm glad that we were able to exceed your expectations!
Thanks also for calling the staff "wonderful". I will share this review with them and pass along the compliment. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast bar. The Hampton brand has recently made some improvements to the breakfast menu that I think have really worked out.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
South Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The staff at this hotel has great customer service. They are friendly and think of things you may need before you even ask. The hotel is very clean and easily accessible. The hotel also has a shuttle to take you to local shopping areas, and the breakfast is excellent!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for that fantastic review! Love the title: "Great Customer Service" That is what I love to hear! I'm glad we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Thanks also, for saying that we thought of things even before being asked. That is an example of "anticipatory service" which is our goal. I'm pleased that you feel we achieved that goal during your stay with us.
akron, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The staff is wonderful and truly make sure you feel 'at home.' They are concerned with your comfort level and with you having a pleasant stay. If you are in the area on a Monday night, they provide a full dinner and it is delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for that very brief, but very nice, review! I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations!
It was great to read your comment about our staff making you feel "at home". That is our goal! I'm pleased that our team made you feel that way, after all, isn't that what hospitality is all about? I sure think so!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very attractive rooms. Outside wall is wood paneled with built in desk and closet. Bath robes provided! Neutrogena bath products. Spacious bathroom with granite counter tops. Breakfast was exceptional with a nice variety of protein options. Even had hot bagels split and topped with sausage, egg, and cheese. No complaints! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for that fantastic review! It is great to hear from one of Tripadvisor's Top Contributors, you have such a wide range of travel experiences to draw upon for comparisons. I'm so glad that we exceeded your expectations!
Your review was filled with lots of great detail, especially about our guest rooms. Thanks for pointing out some of the nicer features. I also enjoyed your mention of our breakfast bar. Those bagel toppers are a favorite of mine as well! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed everything.
Once again, thanks for the review. Please visit us again soon. Happy travels!
El Segundo, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

What a pleasant surprise this property was for myself and daughter! We came to Wheeling to check out a local college and had no idea what to expect as we had never even been to this part of the country before. I am happy to report that the Hampton Inn in Wheeling, WV certainly made a great impression on us! The property was lovely, the rooms fresh and clean, the fitness center had nice, clean up-to-date equipment with a glass wall that made you feel like you were working out outdoors! The aquatic center was a fun way to spend the evening although on the weekend it is loud and packed with families with small children...so if you don't want that type of atmosphere, avoid it on the weekend. I cannot say enough good things about each and every staff member I encountered - friendly, professional, helpful and fun! Jack, the manager runs a tight ship. I would recommend anyone check this property out if you travel to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for that great review! I'm so glad you were pleased with your stay. I remember driving you and your daughter in the shuttle. I hope that your college visit was a successful one and that we will be seeing much more of you both!
Thanks also for all the kind comments about our hotel. I particularly liked what you said about our fitness center and all of the windows in there. I have always felt that it was a great, bright space for working out. I also enjoyed reading your description of our staff: "friendly, professional, helpful and fun" That is exactly what we would like them to be! I'm pleased that they exceeded your expectations.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope we will see you again soon. Happy travels!
belle vernon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

this hotel is award winning because everyone works as a team. the owner is hands on also. they give a free dinner to gusts on monday nights. they have a free van service that will take you to local destinations. the pool area is really enjoyable and unique. there is a steam bath , indoor and outdoor jauzzi, a pretend rain going into the pool and a tropical shower. outside a fire is lit inthe fire pit each night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for that great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I really like the title of your review: "Great Staff". You mentioned quite a few amenities in your review, and the bells and whistles are nice, but it really is the staff that is the secret of our success.
Thanks also for mentioning our award winning status. As you referenced in your review, we are currently the #1 Hampton Inn in the world! I appreciate you spreading the word!

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!