“Very satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Frederick, United States
“Very satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Several features of this Hampton Inn worked together to make our stay very comfortable and leave us very satisfied. We were quickly checked in upon arrival. Coffee, cookies and fruit were available in the clean, bright, and welcoming lobby. Floor choice for rooms was offered and we were allowed to select from all. The temperature of our room was set comfortably and we noticed a floral fragrance upon entering. The room was able to be well lit and bright enough to read easily. The wireless internet was especially appreciated and we noticed that plug-in internet was also available. Although we did not watch much television, we noted that the television was bright, clear, and easy to see. Great care had been taken to make the room and bathroom very clean. There is nothing I could suggest to make our stay more comfortable and we were very satisfied with the property, as a whole, and our room, as well. One of the things that I appreciated the most was the clean duvet cover. This is such a plus that I would love to plan all of my overnight travels to be at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks so much for that great, and very detailed, review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!
I'm so glad that you were pleased with the hotel! Our team is really striving to offer world class hospitality here, I will be sure to share your review withthe team at our next meeting! I was especially pleased with how much you mentioned the cleanliness of the hotel. We have a great housekeeping department that we are very proud of. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to praise them for a job well done!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit our hotel again soon! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Hilliard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hadn't been back to the Wheeling WVa Hampton Inn since May of 2012. Just stayed this past weekend Apr 28 2013. Another nice night of rest. Hampton Inn is very nicely kept, great breakfast, great staff, and wonderful rooms. Can't recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: 5th floor is probably the quietest - top floor.
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Wow! It is really nice getting great reviews, but even nicer getting multiple reviews from our regular guests! Thanks for taking the time (again!) to give us your feedback! I'm so glad that you enjoy your stays with us! Believe me, it is our pleasure to be able to serve you! Please don't wait so long to come back next time! Take care!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Easy to get to off of I-70. quiet location, just far enough off of interstate. very nice property, very well maintained. beautiful indoor pool, neat little outdoor garden area. Lobby is beautiful. Staff was very good all around. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare. All in all a great hotel. On business trip so no input on attractions near there or anything like that. We ate in Pittsburgh so I can't comment on nearby restaurants either. I would stay there again. Clean, modern rooms.

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for that great review! It is always nice when an experienced traveller like yourself provides us with such great feedback! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feelings.
Thanks also for your mention of our staff. We aspire to provide world class service here and are very proud of our team. I really feel that it is more about "the staff" than "the stuff"!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon! Happy travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I visited this hotel for one night with our kids while visiting family in far east Ohio. We checked in and the front desk attendant came out and announced there were fresh cookies and our kids were so excited that a hotel would offer this. We arrived in our room and the first thing we noticed was that it smelled like fresh laundry. The room was incredibly clean. Of course with kids we couldn't skip the pool; there were only two people in there and I have never seen a better maintained hotel pool. It was clean and WARM,. Nothing better than a warm room when you get out of the pool. We spent hours there and my kids were in heaven. The provided noodles and beach ball were an added bonus. We spent the evening on the beautiful Patio with fire pit. We have never been to a hotel that felt like a nice evening at home. This will be our go to from now on!

• Stayed April 2013
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for that great review! Travelling with kids and keeping them entertained is always a challenge! I'm so glad that our hotel, with all of the Aquatic Center features you mentioned, was able to fit the bill this time!
Thanks also for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel. We are very proud of our housekeeping staff! They are our secret weapon in our quest to be the number one Hampton Inn!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon! We'll keep the cookies warm for you!
hilliard, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great hotel with wonderful staff. Convienent location in Wheeling just off I70 and far enough away from the road to have no highway noise. Great place to get a comfortable good night's sleep. Self serve breakfast is actually very nice with the hot items and waffles. Have stayed here a number of times and always very satisfied.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much for that great review! I really appreciate what you said, especially about our staff! We are very proud of out team members, many of whom have been here many years, and proud of the service they provide! Thanks for noticing!
I also am glad that you mentioned our "On the House" hot breakfast bar! We strive to provide the best possible breakfast in the Hampton system, by offering extras like a third hot item and fresh berries every morning! I personally love the waffles!
Once again, thanks for the review, and thanks for being a repeat guest! I hope that we will see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I love the Hampton Inn in Wheeling! The staff are always so friendly and helpful, the amenities are great, and the rooms are super clean and fresh. There is also an amazing aquatics center and sauna to relieve the day's stress. It's the only place I'll stay in the Ohio Valley!

• Stayed April 2013
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for that great review. What could be better than hearing the words: "This hotel has the best staff!" ? I am so glad that you feel that way! It is so important for all of us here to connect with our guests on a daily basis. It really makes all the difference in the world.
The really cool thing is that I think we have some of the best guests in the world! Including yourself! It is great having you stay with us!
Thanks also for mentioning the Aquatic Center. I'm so glad that it is a stress reliever for you after a long day of work. You deserve it!
Once again, thanks for the review! I'm sure I will see you soon!
Monroeville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

group of us went on a Casino run and we stayed at the Hampton Inn Wheeling!!! The service were absolutelty terriffic-booked 5 rooms and everyone was happy!!! The shuttle service ws gret-it took us to the casino and then to diiner at alpha House-which I reccommend to anyone visiting Wheeling!! Leo, Jack, Tom and the whole staff Thank You for the wonderful chauffer service and the excellent accomodations!! The aquatic center was great and the fire pit in the evening hours was wonderful!! hope to come back soon!!!!

Room Tip: A must stay!! Everyone was nice and the shuttle service was a must need for us!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for that awesome review! Your group was an absolute delight, and we enjoyed shuttling you around town! I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything!
It was also very nice of you to mention the Aquatic Center, fire pit and shuttle service in your review. As you may, or may not know, we are the only hotel in Wheeling with those amenities. We are thrilled to be able to offer them to our guests!
Once again, thanks for the review! You are a fun group, and we hope to see you all again real soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!