We stayed here for a family wedding, planned months in advance and as always plans change. The hotel were incredibly helpful when we changed our reservation about, when accommodation was needed early to allow guests to change, to allocate a room for an elderly guest unsteady on their feet and booking a taxi at the last minute to get us to the wedding! The food is delicious, we wished we could have had dinner on the two nights we stayed, but we did enjoy two lovely breakfasts. Great base for touring the area and will return if we are in that part of the world again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory Hotel is a beautiful Georgian House, with adjoining Victorian Coach House, standing in an acre of mature secluded gardens on the eastern fringes of Norwich, overlooking the Yare valley and Thorpe Marshes nature reserve . We offer warm hospitality and friendly service to discerning travellers in a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Every morning, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast, cooked to order and served at your table. Our menu features local sausages, bacon, ham and eggs, Chef's own toasted muesli, thick yoghurt with home-made fruit compote, and artisan bread from a Norwich baker. Our Dining Room is open Monday to Saturday evening (closed Sunday), with a daily changing 2 AA Rosette menu featuring freshly prepared, locally sourced, seasonal produce. The elegant intimate, Georgian panelled room has just six tables so be sure to book dinner in advance as we regret we cannot guarantee availability of a table, nor a particular time, where dinner reservations have not been made prior to arrival. The hotel is 2 miles from Norwich railway station (services to London, Cambridge, the Norfolk Coast and intermediate stations) and the city centre with its Norman Castle and Cathedral, medieval churches, excellent shopping facilities and open air market. Norwich International Airport (flights to Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and international flights via the KLM hub at Amsterdam Schipol) is 5 miles. The Norfolk Broads National Park and the sandy beaches of the east coast are a short drive, and many historic houses, nature reserves, gardens etc are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Old Rectory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Norwich
- Old Rectory Norwich
- Old Rectory Hotel Norwich