I stayed here for four nights and it was probably one of my best four nights away from home on business. I stayed with some colleagues and the welcome and attention we had from Chris and his staff was amazing. The bedrooms are so comfortable that I didn't really want to leave each morning. The bathroom was well appointed - a bath that fills up quickly and a separate, hot & powerful shower. Fluffy white towels and bathrobes just added to the luxury experience. My room was in the converted coach house.
The food at breakfast is freshly cooked and the choice is good, lots of locally sourced ingredients. We had dinner twice while we were here and both nights the food was beautifully cooked and presented.
I travel a lot for business and this hotel is one of the best I have stayed in. The care Chris and his staff take to make you feel welcome far surpasses the anonymous chain hotels.
It is an ideal location for Norwich and the Broads and I would love to come back here for a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory Hotel is a beautiful Georgian House, with adjoining Victorian Coach House, standing in an acre of mature secluded gardens on the eastern fringes of Norwich, overlooking the Yare valley and Thorpe Marshes nature reserve . We offer warm hospitality and friendly service to discerning travellers in a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Every morning, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast, cooked to order and served at your table. Our menu features local sausages, bacon, ham and eggs, Chef's own toasted muesli, thick yoghurt with home-made fruit compote, and artisan bread from a Norwich baker. Our Dining Room is open Monday to Saturday evening (closed Sunday), with a daily changing 2 AA Rosette menu featuring freshly prepared, locally sourced, seasonal produce. The elegant intimate, Georgian panelled room has just six tables so be sure to book dinner in advance as we regret we cannot guarantee availability of a table, nor a particular time, where dinner reservations have not been made prior to arrival. The hotel is 2 miles from Norwich railway station (services to London, Cambridge, the Norfolk Coast and intermediate stations) and the city centre with its Norman Castle and Cathedral, medieval churches, excellent shopping facilities and open air market. Norwich International Airport (flights to Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and international flights via the KLM hub at Amsterdam Schipol) is 5 miles. The Norfolk Broads National Park and the sandy beaches of the east coast are a short drive, and many historic houses, nature reserves, gardens etc are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Old Rectory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Norwich
- Old Rectory Norwich
- Old Rectory Hotel Norwich