We stayed here recently for two nights on their Winter Warmer deal. Chris greeted us warmly
and made us afternoon tea which included cake and biscuits. Lovely log fire in their relaxing lounge. The food on both nights was superb and a good choice at breakfast. The hotel is very
peaceful with a relaxed mood. Sam was also our waiter and was an extremely pleasant young lad.
As it was Shrove Tuesday (pancake day) on our 2nd day, I requested pancakes for the evening menu the day before. These were duly on the menu when our orders were taken in the lounge.,
Absolutely excellent and friendly hotel, will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory Hotel is a beautiful Georgian House, with adjoining Victorian Coach House, standing in an acre of mature secluded gardens on the eastern fringes of Norwich, overlooking the Yare valley and Thorpe Marshes nature reserve . We offer warm hospitality and friendly service to discerning travellers in a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Every morning, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast, cooked to order and served at your table. Our menu features local sausages, bacon, ham and eggs, Chef's own toasted muesli, thick yoghurt with home-made fruit compote, and artisan bread from a Norwich baker. Our Dining Room is open Monday to Saturday evening (closed Sunday), with a daily changing 2 AA Rosette menu featuring freshly prepared, locally sourced, seasonal produce. The elegant intimate, Georgian panelled room has just six tables so be sure to book dinner in advance as we regret we cannot guarantee availability of a table, nor a particular time, where dinner reservations have not been made prior to arrival. The hotel is 2 miles from Norwich railway station (services to London, Cambridge, the Norfolk Coast and intermediate stations) and the city centre with its Norman Castle and Cathedral, medieval churches, excellent shopping facilities and open air market. Norwich International Airport (flights to Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and international flights via the KLM hub at Amsterdam Schipol) is 5 miles. The Norfolk Broads National Park and the sandy beaches of the east coast are a short drive, and many historic houses, nature reserves, gardens etc are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Old Rectory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Norwich
- Old Rectory Norwich
- Old Rectory Hotel Norwich