“This is still my favorite place to stay in Weston” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Staunton Drive, (opening October 29, 2007), Weston, WV 26452   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Weston
West Virginia
“This is still my favorite place to stay in Weston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

This was our second stay at the HI Express in Weston, WV. Last time, the hotel was filled to capactiy, this time not as busy. We love staying here, rooms are always first class, clean, and we sleep well. Breakfast was terrific. I love the pool here - it operates on a salt filtration/sanitation system and there is no chlorine odor, nor does it burn the eyes or nose. This trip though, the pool desperately needed a good scrubbing - pretty dirty which surprised me. Other than that, it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

We arrived late at night to this HI Express--selected as it was located at the midpoint of our drive. We were a little later than planned as Google maps directed us somewhere other than Staunton Drive. It is super close to I-79 and Google sent us out a couple miles before we called the hotel for better directions. The staff was friendly and the room was huge. The hotel looks quite new and is decorated attractively with nice new tvs and a fireplace in the lobby. We were on the first floor looking at the parking lot, but we didn't encounter any noise or annoying lights. The shower was nice and the bed was comfy. It was very clean. We slept like logs and went to breakfast. There were no lines to get food and there was plenty of it. The cinnamon buns were good and they had a nice selection of yogurts and fresh coffee. I'm glad they serve breakfast there because it didn't look like Weston had too many choices. After taxes we paid $130 total for a good night's sleep & filling breakfast for 2. That is probably a little expensive considering you would pay the same amount for a Holiday Inn in a real city, but we needed the convenience of its particular location and booked the day of, so I didn't mind.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Attica, NY (A Suburb of Buffalo)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Weston, WV October 8-10, 2010. As soon as we walked in, I was pleasantly surprised. This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express.The decor was very tasteful and nicely done. We asked for a top floor room (usually I am VERY bothered by the noise of people walking on the floor above me). We checked in around 8 pm and there were not any top floor rooms available. We got a room on the 2nd floor. Our KING bed room was Fantastic! The bed was clean and comfortable, nice sitting chair, Kitchenette with Fridge, Sink, and Counter/Cabinets. The bathroom was standard but Very clean and nice! This was DEFINITELY more than I expected. To my surprise I also had a good nights sleep both nights and did not hear anything from the floor above, stairwell across from our room, or hallway. the hotel had a good breakfast both mornings with a variety of rotated daily hot foods like omlettes, sausage, biscuits/gravy, bacon, scrambeled eggs, etc. The constants were bread/bagles/muffins, warm cinammon buns, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, coffee/tea/coaco, milk/cereal. The facility also had a nice indoor pool and hot tub and a small but nice fittness room with newer equipment. Staff members were friendly and housekeeping did a quality job. I give this top ratings! The only 2 areas I gave a 4 out of 5 were the location and service. Service ONLY because we didn't get the top floor room we requested (which ended up not being a problem) and Location because it is a bit of a drive to some local attractions like Blackwater Falls and Seneca/Smoke Hole Caverns, etc. Its our fault because we wanted something between those places and our other destination-Wheeling. I must say that there are gas stations, and a few restaurants near by, also retail like small plaza and a walmart.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010 via mobile

I needed a place to stay near Glenville that was dog friendly and Weston was closest. I got in late with no reservation but rooms were available, but not smoking ones (which are the pet friendly rooms). The front desk confirmed with mgmt that they could make an exception. What a relief! Comfy rooms,clean big bathroom, and friendly staff. A jewel considering small town WV. A little pricey given location but not unreasonable. Recommend!

• Stayed October 2010
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I've stayed in a lot of hotels with my children, but this was one of the very friendliest places we've been. From the front desk receptonist to the housekeeping staff to the lovely woman who oversees the breakfast area, everyone was very friendly towards both me and my young children who are loud and make a mess.

I reserved a room in advance to save money on the rate. We also showed up about 2 hours early for check-in since we were traveling and our children needed a nap badly. The room was behind the hotel awning and had no view, but we weren't there for the view. Not much view anyway since the hotel has a cemetery on one side and the back of newly-built, but still empty strip mall on the other side.

The hotel pool was heated and clean. The hot tub was nice as well. The breakfast bar was the usual cereal, muffins, and breads, yogurt and milk as well as a few hot items: cheese omelets, sausage patties and biscuits and yummy cinnamon rolls.

The hotel was quiet (well except for our kids) and just what we needed at the end of our vacation. I had looked online before we went and found a restaurant about 12 miles away in Buckhannon called CJ Maggies that was great too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Welland, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

After driving from Eastern NC it was certainly a warm welcome from the attentive staff. The room was spacious, clean, and up to date. The pool was a bit cool, but the Hot tub was good and hot. Great to relax in! H.I. Express has really stepped up. This was the second one in a week and I can't say enough about them. Very Happy!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

One night stay while attending conference in area. Check-in went smoothly and staff was friendly and efficient. Ended up in an ADA (though not requested) room so space, especially bathroom, was larger than a typical room. Nicely appointed with mission style headboard and furniture details. King bed was very comfortable with an assortment of firm and soft pillows. Comfy armchair off to side. TV was the older style rather than the newer flat panel but offered a good range of channel options. Bathroom offered a walk-in shower with fold down bench and adjustable shower head. Plenty of good quality towels on hand. All areas of room appeared very clean and in good repair. Breakfast area was well stocked and situated just off the main lobby near a fireplace. Especially nice since the weather was wet, cold and dreary. Check-out was quick and again staff was friendly. Little room-to-room noise could be heard but did notice hallway noises. This room was right across from ice/vending and those sounds were noticeable at times. Hotel location seemed a bit cramped due to small strip mall under construction that is right at the edge of the hotel parking lot. Kroger grocery, Wal Mart, gas stations and fast food offerings close by with easy access to I-79. Hotel sits off the main road and can be a bit hard to see. Great state rate. Would definitely stay here again based on this experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston? Share your experiences!