“As good as an Interstate sleep-over hotel can get” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Toronto, Canada
“As good as an Interstate sleep-over hotel can get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This newer property packs it all for the weary Interstate traveler: great beds and washrooms, a pool and hot tub that hold their own at this price point and a "continental" breakfast that is impressive and has a menu that encroaches on the good and healthy stuff like oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs etc. Often these free breakfasts can be disasters but this one is great, as is the open, clean and airy space in which it's served. Do stay here if you need to stop on I-79 in northern W.V. for the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
I appreciate the wonderful comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Weston, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I appreciate the recommendation for future travelers that may view your posting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very spacious and quite clean. The breakfast buffet offers plenty of choice and the caliber of food was good for one overnight stay (not sure I'd be eating it for more than that). The staff were not remotely friendly, but, with the limited interaction you have with them, it doesn't have much of an impact. Overall, it was a great place to rest for a night!

• Stayed December 2013
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, December 24, 2013

Chantilly, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express at Weston, WV while touring the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant. I have no problems staying there again in the future.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Weston, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant.

I appreciate the recommendation for future travelers that may view your posting and I hope you enjoyed your tour of the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at this location this past weekend and I was very happy with my decision. The fist thing I noticed about this hotel is that it is very clean. When we were checking out there were multiple employees cleaning the common areas - you could smell cleaner in the air. The breakfast area was well stocked and the employee maintaining this area kept it spotless. The pool area was also very clean. The beds were impressively comfortable - I have stayed in many more expensive hotels and I will tell you the beds here were in excellent shape. The rooms were very spacious - we stayed in an executive room and it was very large - can't imagine how big the suite would be. The area where this hotel is located had many shops and restaurants nearby. We were in the area to ride the Polar Express train and decided to stay in Weston because it was closer to the interstate and I wanted to just hop on interstate the next morning when it was time to go home. I was very happy with my decision. Now I must briefly mention the only substandard part of my stay - front desk staff. Honestly, the staff at the front desk were not friendly nor were they knowledgeable or helpful. Now my interaction was only limited to one employee during the stay, but I had called the hotel about a week before my arrival and was given incorrect information about the rooms. In contrast, when I became lost in Elkins, WV and stopped in to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Elkins, the man at the desk was great. He even walked outside with me and pointed me in the right direction. I was impressed by this employee. However, cleanliness and the bed/room condition won me over and for this I would stay here when I return to this beautiful area in West Virginia and would recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for letting me know the interaction that our front desk staff had with you during your stay. I will discuss this with each staff member. Yes, they should be friendly and help you like the staff member in Elkins did for you.

Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place was horrible. I went with my 2 sisters to visit our aunt in Mt. Clare they are both card carrying members and always stay with Holiday Inns. This was one of the most horrible hotel experience we've ever had. They kept asking us if were local which made no sense, we were from Wisconsin. They were rude, changed the price of the room, unwillng to help with other reservations, told us a few fibs, no cookies, no coffee, the room was not even up to par, pipes showing under the sinks, the coffee pot did not reach any of the outlets, no cups in bath, a/c did not work. Three of us were member os AARP and she only knocked off $5 of the bill. We reported them and will NEVER STAY in the Weston, WV Holiday Inn Express again. The kitchen lady for breakfast was hard working and nice.

Room Tip: No tips to help, we had a poor room, 3 nice looking sisters & treated like crap.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Reading your comments we came up short and I truly apologize for that.

I do not understand the comment that we kept asking if you “were local,” we do not ask our guest that information. I guess I am confused on that comment.

We just cannot change the price of the room without the guest confirming the change. All our guests are required to initial the rate they booked.

Regarding the quality of the room, again I am sorry that we did not meet your needs. You are correct that the cups are not located in the bathroom, they are located with the ice bucket in the guest room. There is plenty of outlets throughout the room for the coffee maker. The coffee maker is placed under the Television and is placed on a tray that can be moved for the guest convenience. The desk is located right next to the television that has plenty of outlets at desk level. There is going to be pipes under the vanity, just like in all hotels you may see part of them but they are not fully exposed or harmful to the guest.

I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
Butlerville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express because we went on the overnight ghost tour at theTran-Allegheny Asylum. The hotel was very convenient to the tour. The only thing I can mentioned bad about the hotel was the breakfast. The pancake machine wasn't working and the kids said the bacon was bad. There was a burger king in walking distances to the hotel so we could get a snack there. Other then the breakfast, I would stay there again if every in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I am sorry that the pancake machine was not working properly while you were at the hotel.

I do hope to see you again if you travel through the area.
Farmington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

While located out of town some shops and restaurants are nearby. Facility quite new. Staff very competent and friendly. However the location may be difficult to spot initially as it is located about 200yds off road and behind a BK and a small strip mall.

• Stayed October 2013
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

For all reviewers, we are located right off the exit for Weston (Exit 99) located behind Burger King going towards Elkins. At the first stop light take a left and you will see us.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston? Share your experiences!