“Would Stay Here Again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Staunton Drive, (opening October 29, 2007), Weston, WV 26452   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Weston
WV
“Would Stay Here Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at this location this past weekend and I was very happy with my decision. The fist thing I noticed about this hotel is that it is very clean. When we were checking out there were multiple employees cleaning the common areas - you could smell cleaner in the air. The breakfast area was well stocked and the employee maintaining this area kept it spotless. The pool area was also very clean. The beds were impressively comfortable - I have stayed in many more expensive hotels and I will tell you the beds here were in excellent shape. The rooms were very spacious - we stayed in an executive room and it was very large - can't imagine how big the suite would be. The area where this hotel is located had many shops and restaurants nearby. We were in the area to ride the Polar Express train and decided to stay in Weston because it was closer to the interstate and I wanted to just hop on interstate the next morning when it was time to go home. I was very happy with my decision. Now I must briefly mention the only substandard part of my stay - front desk staff. Honestly, the staff at the front desk were not friendly nor were they knowledgeable or helpful. Now my interaction was only limited to one employee during the stay, but I had called the hotel about a week before my arrival and was given incorrect information about the rooms. In contrast, when I became lost in Elkins, WV and stopped in to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Elkins, the man at the desk was great. He even walked outside with me and pointed me in the right direction. I was impressed by this employee. However, cleanliness and the bed/room condition won me over and for this I would stay here when I return to this beautiful area in West Virginia and would recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, December 17, 2013

Thank you for letting me know the interaction that our front desk staff had with you during your stay. I will discuss this with each staff member. Yes, they should be friendly and help you like the staff member in Elkins did for you.

I appreciate the recommendation for future travelers that may view your posting.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place was horrible. I went with my 2 sisters to visit our aunt in Mt. Clare they are both card carrying members and always stay with Holiday Inns. This was one of the most horrible hotel experience we've ever had. They kept asking us if were local which made no sense, we were from Wisconsin. They were rude, changed the price of the room, unwillng to help with other reservations, told us a few fibs, no cookies, no coffee, the room was not even up to par, pipes showing under the sinks, the coffee pot did not reach any of the outlets, no cups in bath, a/c did not work. Three of us were member os AARP and she only knocked off $5 of the bill. We reported them and will NEVER STAY in the Weston, WV Holiday Inn Express again. The kitchen lady for breakfast was hard working and nice.

Room Tip: No tips to help, we had a poor room, 3 nice looking sisters & treated like crap.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Reading your comments we came up short and I truly apologize for that.

I do not understand the comment that we kept asking if you “were local,” we do not ask our guest that information. I guess I am confused on that comment.

We just cannot change the price of the room without the guest confirming the change. All our guests are required to initial the rate they booked.

Regarding the quality of the room, again I am sorry that we did not meet your needs. You are correct that the cups are not located in the bathroom, they are located with the ice bucket in the guest room. There is plenty of outlets throughout the room for the coffee maker. The coffee maker is placed under the Television and is placed on a tray that can be moved for the guest convenience. The desk is located right next to the television that has plenty of outlets at desk level. There is going to be pipes under the vanity, just like in all hotels you may see part of them but they are not fully exposed or harmful to the guest.

I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
Butlerville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express because we went on the overnight ghost tour at theTran-Allegheny Asylum. The hotel was very convenient to the tour. The only thing I can mentioned bad about the hotel was the breakfast. The pancake machine wasn't working and the kids said the bacon was bad. There was a burger king in walking distances to the hotel so we could get a snack there. Other then the breakfast, I would stay there again if every in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Weston, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant.
I am sorry that the pancake machine was not working properly while you were at the hotel.

I do hope to see you again if you travel through the area.
Farmington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

While located out of town some shops and restaurants are nearby. Facility quite new. Staff very competent and friendly. However the location may be difficult to spot initially as it is located about 200yds off road and behind a BK and a small strip mall.

• Stayed October 2013
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

For all reviewers, we are located right off the exit for Weston (Exit 99) located behind Burger King going towards Elkins. At the first stop light take a left and you will see us.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was an overnight stay for us, on a very long road trip. We've stayed at other hotels in the general area, but this one is by far the best yet. We took our dog with us, and most other hotels who accept pets want $100 non refundable deposit. The HI only wanted a $25. If you have a pet stay here. There are grassy areas everywhere for your pets enjoyment and business. Although, I would suggest bringing a flash light for the evening walks. The parking lot needs more light.

The room was one of the cleanest I've stayed in and the bed was very comfortable. This hotel is smoke free, and it shows. Almost every other hotel we've stayed at in there non-smoking rooms has always stunk of smoke. Not this one. Although, our room was next to the stairwell, and there was a faint smell of cigarette smoke wafting in. To most this wouldn't matter, but I am unfortunately very sensitive to certain smells, cigarette smoke being one of them.

I am highly recommending this hotel, especially if your bringing your pet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I appreciate the wonderful comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Weston, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations. You are so correct that we have a good area to walk your pet while you are staying with us.

Thank for the wonderful comments about the cleanliness of your guest room. I will pass on your comment to our housekeeping department. We did go 100% smoke free in July in accordance to the Lewis County Clean Air Act.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

A typical Holiday Inn Express but this was a nice hotel for the value. Nice pool, breakfast average and similar to all Holiday Inn Express but they were right on point. Good location near chain resturants and stores.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I am so glad to hear that your family enjoyed and relaxed in our indoor pool.

The one good thing with the Holiday Inn Express breakfast you will find it consistent from one Holiday Inn Express to another. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast program gives everyone many options to choose from. You can enjoy the hot breakfast which includes the signature cinnamon roll by Holiday Inn Express and pancakes.
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here on a trip to Weston, West Virginia. It was a pleasant experience, especially with kids. We used both the hotel pool, hot tub, and fitness center. Upgraded to a suite for a little extra. Hot breakfast included in a spacious and pretty room.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite for a little extra if you want a kitchenette plus a little more room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this review, August 17, 2013

I am so glad to hear that your family enjoyed and relaxed in our swimming pool and hot tub as well as use the fitness center.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston? Share your experiences!