“12/14/12 Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Weirton
Dublin
“12/14/12 Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was the second time in two weeks I stayed there to conduct a class at a local community college. It is a very nice hotel that is kept clean and the staff are very nice and helpful. I plan to stay there for future classes.
My first stay I spent two nights because I was not sure how late the class would end. The front desk staff was very helpful in changing my reservation to only one night for the second stay. Leaving early was no reflection on the hotel, just that I did not want to be away two night again.
The hotel is also used extensively by a nearby outdoor industry and the staff does a good job of keeping the floors clean at shift changes.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Priority Club program.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WeirtonHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Weirton, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
"Mark A',
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Weirton. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our Front Desk Staff was helpful in adjusting your reservation. I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The staff was friendly, the food excellent, the room clean and both the fitness center and business center well equiped. I look forward to future trips to the area for business. This was my first trip to the West Virginia Area and I look forward to returning and using this hotel.

Room Tip: Lower floors is best. Elevator a little slow.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
"Gary N" Good Morning and Happy 2013!
Thanks for choosing our hotel on your recent visit to the area and for sharing your experience with the World! We hope your travels bring you back to the area in the near future and you are able to take advantage of some our local attractions such as the First Niagara Pavilion, Mountaineer Casino and Racetrack as well as the Homer Laughlin China Company: Fiestaware Outlet.

The Holiday Inn Weirton truly has everything you need while you are away from home such as our in-house restaurant- Undo's Italian Restaurant, fitness center with upgraded equipment and a business center for all of your needs to keep you connected.

Beginning in Feb 2013, we will be renovating all of our guest rooms with a NEW Look. Pictures of our model room are available for viewing on the Trip Advisor Website. We look forward to the new look coming soon, stay tuned!!!

Thanks again,
Adel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great accommodations and centrally located.Our room was recently remodeled and looked like new. The beds were comfortable and the TV was crystal clear. The staff was freindly and committed to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I would recommend the hotel to any traveler. I will definately stay again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Very comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
'Dave A", Good Morning!
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel! I am happy to hear you found our location, amenities and services to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff at our next meeting. Our goal is to focus on providing a relaxed and genuine experience in everything we do. By reading your comments, it appears that we have done our job successfully.

If I can be of any personal service to you on your next visit to the area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thanks again for your review, have a Happy New Year!!

WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Holiday Inn @ Weirton is a comfortable place to stay while away from home. It is centrally located to all of the required needs. The restaurant Undos, located in the hotel, has good food and drinks. DJ Ribs is within a safe walking distance. Walmart, Kmart, Kroger, Fast Food, Eat and Park, Sheetz and Di Carlo's Pizza is a very short drive away. They have an exercise room and a pool (outdoor). This place is nice now, it will be great when they upgrade the the rooms and double the size of the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WeirtonHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Weirton, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the location to the area restaurants and our amenities to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Weirton in the not too distant future. Have a Safe and Happy New Year!!

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is in a very convenient location. There are many places to eat that are close as well as having Undo's in the hotel. The food there is excellent. There are several shopping centers close as well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have always had a good experience when staying here over the past 5 1/2 years. I travel extensively for work and this is the only hotel I stay at when I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WeirtonHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Weirton, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
"Lisa L" Good Morning,
First, I would like to thank you personally for your business and writing a review of our hotel and staff. We appreciate your comments and thank you for your loyalty to our property. To recap from your review, I believe we are on the same page regarding the hotel location. We are surrounded by many area business, shopping, entertainment and food/beverage. Choosing our hotel while in Weirton is perfect for any traveler visiting the area. During the wintertime, you are limited on what you can do while in the area, however, we have a perfect location to area attractions such as the Mountaineer Casino and Racetrack, Fiesta-wear Outlet Center, Ft. Steuben Mall, Oglebay Zoo as well as the City of Pittsburgh.

Thank you once again for your kind words, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any personal service to you on your next visit to the area.

Regards,
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn on several occasions while visiting family and friends in the area. I found the Holiday Inn staff to be very accommodating and friendly. The location is very easy to find and close to restraunts and shopping centers.
I would not give it a second thought about staying anywhere else. Weirton Hoilday Inn, you get my Five Stars !

Alfred M

Room Tip: Only tip that I can give is to read the reviews.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
WeirtonHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Weirton, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Greetings "Danny 214",
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Holiday Inn Weirton, WV
Lorton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

An unexpected trip left me with a last minute need of a room. The Holiday Inn was inviting and accommodating. The interior was great. the room was clean with very nice furnishing. They even put a mint on the bed. I find this little touch pleasing at this price.

Room Tip: try to get a room far from the highway, although i could barely hear traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WeirtonHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Weirton, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Good Morning "Unred",
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We apprecaiate your comments and thank you for the opprutinity to serve you during your visit to the area. We hope that your travels bring you back to the area in future and you will be able to stay with us once again.
If we can be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly!

Holiday Inn Weirton, WV
304-723-55222 ext 800
b_degenkolb@yahoo.com

Been to Holiday Inn Weirton? Share your experiences!