“Fine..no problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mineral Springs Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Webster Springs
Mineral Springs Motel
Hoover street, Webster Springs, WV   |
Dublin, Ireland
“Fine..no problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I arrived just before it rained real bad and I was on a motorbike so the motel was a welcome sight as there is not much around for miles. It is one story, two sided with a large parking/turning area out front. It has a big grassed area which would be good for a bar b q.

The check in was fine ...no issues. ( have read 2 reviews here now of some guy who seems to loose it!). My room was as you would expect in your typical motel......big enough, clean and fine. I slept well even though it poured out of the heavens. It is right beside the main street with a couple of places to eat.

I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here but if you need a place in a hurry then it is fine.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Beckley, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We planned this trip months in advance and my sister in law booked 2 rooms to coincide with the wood Choppers Festival. We stayed at this motel the previous year and was making it an annual event. Check in is supposed to be 2pm... so, we went to check into our room and was told that my brother & sister in laws room was ready but ours was not... So, we inquired as to which room was ours..... OUr room was WAY over on the other side of the motel and upstairs.... Far away from our family... now, as I said, we booked months in advance... My question is - Why were we not put side by side? Well, We let this slide and since we were told that our room was not ready, we went to the festival and came back to the motel around 5 . We wanted to get our room and rest and freshen up a bit... Well, we were told the room was still not ready! So, We inquired of the lady if we could have a discount OR if we could possible get another room that was closer to our family.... she said she would ask the manager..... We waited outside and the man came STORMING down the walkway and shouting "I'll give your money back! I'll give your money back!"..... WHAT??? We didn't ask for our money back... So, we explained that our room still wasn't ready and wanted to know if we could get a discount OR a closer room to our family....NO!!! He was SO RUDE!! and we were just asking... because check in was supposed to be at 2pm and here it was already 5pm...... So, we left and came back at 7pm at which time he came out to give us our room key.... We had already decided that we would NOT stay in his motel and be treated like that.... so we got our money back and left...... We were planning on making this an annual trip but no more.... We won't stay in a place that treats it's customers like that... It seemed as if the MAN had a BAD problem... and maybe just taking it out on us (?) I don't know... but he was THE RUDEST MAN I have EVER MET! to just BLOW UP on us when it was all their fault.... We did nothing wrong! They were in the wrong but not putting us close to our family and by not having our room ready on time.... and there were people in the office just sitting around doing nothing and eating and such , instead of getting rooms ready for customers... I call this BAD BAD Management..! I wouldn't recommend this motel to anybody..The manager obviously has no "people skills" and I hear that he WAS a WV Senator.... Notice, I said "was".....HHHMMMM......

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Webster Springs hotels

Norwalk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We called ahead and reserved rooms with no problems. We spent 2 days at the motel and had a good experience. We came out of state for a funeral. we had 3 rooms and all of them was clean and homey. chairs out front if wanted to sit outside the room and relax, a table n chairs by the river to enjoy, a walk bridge to cross the river if wanted to go to the park. There is stairs out beside the motel to go up town to a nice cafe with GREAT good, the Go mart and Dollar General right up on main street also. their was coffee in the morning for customers. rooms was cleaned each day. if you dont require the glam n glitz but enjoy the sounds of the coal n lumber trucks in the morning while sitting by the river, then this is your place!!!

Room Tip: Feel free to call ahead and reserve a room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010 via mobile

We tried to look at a room before booking and the guy in the office jumped down our throats so we just left. BEWARE!

• Stayed October 2010
billjeffers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

Traveling the backroads looking for the best fishing spots in West Virginia. This motel sets on the Elk River, West Virginia's premier trout stream was great. The rooms were well kept, clean, and spacious. The manager and his staff were very accomodating making sure our stay was great. The beautiful setting along side the Elk River with the mountains all around us made for a very enjoyable visit.

The rooms were large by any standard and well furnished. There were fine cafes nearby for eating (good home cooked food). A little piece of "Almost Heaven West Virginia."

Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Really great visit. Nice, comfortable room with all amenities including wireless internet. Really surprised me to be able to use my laptop while visiting in the hills of West Virginia. The staff was very friendly, the rooms clean and large, and service was great. Highly recommended for visits to friends and families and quiet get-a-ways.

• Liked — friendliness and cleanliness of staff and rooms
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

I had read the reviews previously on this site and at first was on alert, however after having spent the night, I found it to be a very nice, friendly and clean motel. The motel staff was friendly, the room very clean, and found my stay very enjoyable. I would recommend this out-of-the-way motel to any traveler.

• Liked — friendliness and acommodations.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mineral Springs Motel? Share your experiences!