“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Triadelphia
Sewickley
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My daughter, grandson and I stayed here December 13th. We checked in and were given written to the Festival of Lights at Oglebay. which was the reason we were there. When we returned and settled in we realized what a wonderful room we had. After a good nights sleep we had breakfast downstairs and my daughter and grandson went swimming. Both the pool and hot tub had seats that would lower a handicapped person into the water. My grandson was ready to stay another night but I had only made the reservation for one night. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cedar City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel is nice however I went to lay down after a long day of work and looked up and there are bugs all over my ceiling; about ten to fifteen. I called the front desk and they said "yes I know we are being invaded by lady bugs". So if you don't mind sleep with bugs then it's a decent hotel. However of you prefer to not have lady bugs swarming around your ceiling right above your bed then I would chose something else!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Bksheehan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us.

We are concerned to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the bugs and for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness.

It is our hotel's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
falconer ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

In the Wheeling area for some r&r and chose this hotel because of it proximity to so very many great things to do. This place is awesome. The room is very nice. Hotel is clean and quiet. Absolutely hands down...a very nice place to stay. For the money you just cant go wrong. Enjoy, and have some fun!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This HIE is new. From the minute I came in the door, I felt welcomed. The lobby staff treated myself and the couple in front of me with respect. They had menus from the area restaurants for us to look at. The room was very nice. I could spread out all over in it. This hotel is near a Cabella's and a mall, so you can just a short distance and shop or eat at many fine restaurants. This is my second time to stay at a HIE hotel and I must say that I'm very pleased with them.

• Stayed September 2013
Louisville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a trip earlier this year. We had a good stay as the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Location is great, just of I-70 and close to Wheeling, WV and Oglebay Park. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here two nights. It looks like it has just opened. It is very good with clean rooms, good bed and quiet night's sleep. No happy hour in this property . If I have a gripe it is the high price of nearly $150 a night for two people. Seems high for a rural interstate. I have stayed at similar hie properties for about half the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manasquan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were traveling back from Purdue University to New Jersey with no reservations. No reservations were available online for the night. My husband suggested either turning left or right for a hotel. He decided on left to the Holiday Inn Express. It was the best night sleep I've had since we left NJ 4 nights before. We had the best room and Dave who checked us in was so cheerful and couldn't do enough for us. Hate to give this such a good rating because we won't be able to walk in again. Thank you Dave and Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Erik C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We strive for excellent customer service here and we always try to exceed our guest’s expectations. I am glad we were able to deliver a great experience for you during your travels.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING? Share your experiences!