“Clean and Modern, close to local attractions” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Triadelphia
Springboro, Ohio
“Clean and Modern, close to local attractions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Hotel is very new and conveniently located to local attractions and plenty of eateries. Family was staying at Oglebay, and we were worried that it would be quite a drive to meet up with them. That turned out not to be the case -- very quick and rather easy drive to downtown Wheeling and Oglebay. There is a huge, new shopping center just 2 minutes from this Hotel -- quite convenient for food and department stores (if needed). Room was clean and modern, staff was friendly, and breakfast was basic mix of a few hot choices and lots of carb-heavy cold choices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This HIE is new. From the minute I came in the door, I felt welcomed. The lobby staff treated myself and the couple in front of me with respect. They had menus from the area restaurants for us to look at. The room was very nice. I could spread out all over in it. This hotel is near a Cabella's and a mall, so you can just a short distance and shop or eat at many fine restaurants. This is my second time to stay at a HIE hotel and I must say that I'm very pleased with them.

• Stayed September 2013
Louisville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a trip earlier this year. We had a good stay as the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Location is great, just of I-70 and close to Wheeling, WV and Oglebay Park. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here two nights. It looks like it has just opened. It is very good with clean rooms, good bed and quiet night's sleep. No happy hour in this property . If I have a gripe it is the high price of nearly $150 a night for two people. Seems high for a rural interstate. I have stayed at similar hie properties for about half the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manasquan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were traveling back from Purdue University to New Jersey with no reservations. No reservations were available online for the night. My husband suggested either turning left or right for a hotel. He decided on left to the Holiday Inn Express. It was the best night sleep I've had since we left NJ 4 nights before. We had the best room and Dave who checked us in was so cheerful and couldn't do enough for us. Hate to give this such a good rating because we won't be able to walk in again. Thank you Dave and Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Erik C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We strive for excellent customer service here and we always try to exceed our guest’s expectations. I am glad we were able to deliver a great experience for you during your travels.
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went to the Highlands to celebrate my husband's birthday and were pleased with this hotel. Will, front desk, was very helpful with our room arrangements and check-in. Our king feature room had two TVs, microwave and fridge. I appreciated the free Wi-Fi, many places charge for this service now. The room was clean and comfortable. We spent four hours at the pool area. It was very relaxing. I liked that they did not have music playing, like many hotels do. There is a patio area off the pool with a table and chairs. It seems to be for employee breaks. The hotel could improve the area with a few umbrellas and potted plants. It would be nice to have an outdoor area for guests. I went out to sit at the table, then realized there was no room key entry back to the pool area. The breakfast had many options and was good. This hotel is on the other side of the interstate from all of the shops and restaurants, so it was very quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. It is always satisfying to receive good feedback on staff members. We hope you come back and see us.
Bergen Co., New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night with my 12 y.o. son as a stop-off between Columbus, Ohio and Washington, D.C. Booked through Priceline's "Express Deals" and got a very good rate. I did not have any of the service issues that others have noted. What I found was a typical HIE, which is why I booked it. There was adequate parking and the room was large, comfortable and well-maintained. There was free wi-fi and a decent looking fitness center as well. Breakfast was included and was, as is usual, somewhat chaotic, although less so than at some of the other hotels on our trip.

The hotel is located right off of I-70, although 1 of my 2 GPS's did not have the address in its database. While my stay was limited to literally 8 hours, this property certainly met my expectations for a convenient, good quality overnight stopover.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the kind review. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We are always pleased to get great reviews like this. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING? Share your experiences!