“Average but inexpensive place to eat” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Triadelphia
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
pittsburgh, pa
“Average but inexpensive place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Ate here on a long trip back from Nashville to Pittsburgh. I stopped early lunch time around 11:30am. I was immediately greeted and seated.

I ordered the pecan chicken salad and a water. The salad was very good.

While there seemed to be more wait staff than customers my server never came to check on me until it was time to leave the check.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was pleasant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pa
“Good food for great prices but the wait is way long”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

It’s nice we’ve heard so many good things about the food, service and atmosphere over the years we have been trying to go there. But they always had long wait so we never bothered till now. So we either went to Eat n park or Bob Evans. It was a long wait 45 til and hour long but we really wanted to try Cheddars. We browsed around Cabela’s across the highway and went back. Our waitress was beyond friendly spending a long time chatting about our Christmas and the Oglebay lights we were heading to see. Even our 8 & 10 yr old remarked they’ve never spent so much time with a waitress. We ordered drinks, soup and salad which came quick then dinner. The place was truly packed before, during and after we went there. After dinner it seemed a very long time before we could get our bill or to go boxes. It wasn’t the waitresses fault they just seemed overwhelmed. Although I’ve heard this place is always that way. We ordered Chicken, shrimp, steaks, their Shepard’s pie and all was delicious as well as reasonably priced. I can see why there’s such a wait. We definitely plan to go again. My recommendation don’t go there starving since you wait and bring something for the kids to occupy them if you decide to wait. Also we were never given children's menus or crayons. The prices and the tasteful food can’t be beat.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Could be better, could be worse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I recently went to this Cheddar's restaurant for lunch. The waitress tending to our section was very nice and seemed good about tending to our needs. The wait seemed a bit longer than I expected, but I'm also not as used to eating at a dine in restaurant at noon on a weekday.

The portions could have been better. The burger I ordered was very filling and tasty, but I thought it was weird that both my husband and I each ordered a vegetable dish as a side and got entirely different amounts (he ordered the broccoli and got a decent sized helping on his plate. I got a few sweet baby carrots in a small bowl). I was a bit disappointed about that detail because the carrots were really good and devoured in about a few forkfuls.

I was a bit baffled by the layout as well. There was a rather pretty aquarium set up in the one part of the restaurant. I actually felt bad looking at it up close because I felt like I was blocking the pathway for the waitstaff to pass by.

Only other comment I had was more corporate oriented. (Disappointed that nutritional information was not available for customers on the website)

“Great for a light lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on Christmas Eve afternoon. They were quite busy and we were seated at a booth in the bar. We wanted to eat light since we were attending a family party early that evening so we order from a Pick 2/Pick 3 menu choosing soup and salad. I had chicken tortilla soup and house salad and my husband had potato soup and Caesar salad. A pleasant surprise was the croissant that arrived with our salad. Our server was very attentive and our food arrived very quickly. We ordered water to drink and the glass had more ice than water, so a minor complaint would be that he didn't refill our glasses. I would eat here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Weirton
“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I do not think you can go wrong. This place has a great menu, good food and the prices are right on target.

Visited October 2013