“Ugh! Smoking” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Triadelphia
Salem, Massachusetts
“Ugh! Smoking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Contrary to most Comfort Inns, this one has smoking rooms and they were not isolated to one section of the hotel. I was next to a smoking room and you could definitely smell cigarette smoke.
I usually go to Choice Hotels; Comfort Inn & Suites is one of their brand. I have a rewards card with them.
The room had a fridge and microwave and coffee maker.
The room was clean and comfortable. Good free breakfast selection.
Some road noise on the highway side.
Because of all the construction in the area and the workers staying here the public areas were gritty.

Room Tip: Pick the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TriadelphiaComfortGM, Manager at Comfort Inn Triadelphia, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Although the majority of our rooms are non-smoking, we do have some smoking rooms. However, we do have non-smoking sections, where the whole wing is non-smoking. Please feel free to request non-smoking wing of hotel when booking!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reading PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed one night on 5/14/13- Keep in mind that this whole area has been taken over by well drillers. Well drillers track mud. Mud is everywhere in the hallway, foyer, rooms, bathrooms, etc at this hotel. There is a new section and an old section. My bed had hair and dirt in it when I unfolded the top sheet. Needless to say I slept with my clothes on. Shower still had 1/2 bar of soap and empty shampoo bottle in the stall. Toothpaste on the mirror and the counter was sticky. Gross. I will never stay here again, even though I'm doing business about 1/2 mile away. I would rather stay in Wheeling WV about 10 miles down the road, and definitely will next time.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am very sorry for the bad stay you had with us. I would like the chance to show you this is not how our hotel normally runs. Please contact me at gm.wv085@choicehotels.com.
Havertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn twice now, and it was fine. The man that is at the desk in the evening during the week is great. He's friendly, personalable and helpful. The hotel does not have an elevator which I had forgotten about. It's not a big deal if you don't have a lot of stuff- of course. I didn't mind, but would have been irritated if iI had a lot of things. The room had a refrigerator and microwave which is always a plus when traveling. The room was clean and it served its purpose. One thing I found odd was that in the fitness center the TV was on the opposite wall that the equipment was facing. I know most people probably listen to their iPods when they are on the treadmill, but I like to watch TV. It made it a bit difficult to turn to watch it, or thru the mirror... When they sent me a survey I suggested they change this, so maybe it has changed... I would stay here again. I find other hotels in the surrounding area to be surprisingly expensive, so this was a good alternative. Lots of places to eat in the area and right near Cabellas also.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being on the first floor, stay on the first floor to avoid carring a lot of lu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
shrisaibaba, Owner at Comfort Inn Triadelphia, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor, Your comments makes us do whats necessary and adopt the changes to serve you better. We appreciate your loyalty and always thrive to make it better.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in the area just passing through and stop here to take a rest for the night.i was greeted by a front desk clerk who was very friendly and helpful and got me in my room very quick and also made me aware of all the resturants and shopping near by. Upon checking in my room i was very suprised at how clean the room was and comfortable the beds were.i recomend staying here if you are in the area great hotel if u like friendly staff and clean rooms

• Stayed April 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always learn from input that we receive and look forward to make necessary changes. Again Thank you for taking time out to letting us know about your pleasant stay.
Nick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We were put in the part of the hotel that was not upgraded yet. There was stuff all over my daughters bedspread there was mold along the top of the ceiling and the wallpaper was peeling off. We asked for a non smoking room and supposedly it was a non smoking room but the whole hallway smelt of smoke and filth the bathtub was dirty the beds were very uncomfortable and diped in the middle. When staff was notified of this issue they got upset and stated that was a no smoking hallway and room. They were not willing to move us to a different room due to the fact they said we waited too long to tell them and housekeeping had left. What they didn't seem to care about is that no 1 in my family had slept very well and as soon as we woke up with tried to get out to breath and then didn't make it back until after our game we explained that our daughter had asthma and had woke up sick and ask them if we could just change rooms when they asked why we wanted to change rooms the manager ask us if it was because the room was too small. We felt like we were being called Liars. Anyway to make a long story short we ended up paying 50 more dollars for a room in the upgraded part of the hotel. However the manager did state that if we left right then she wouldn't charge us for the second night which gave us no time to find another room at another hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
TriadelphiaComfortGM, Manager at Comfort Inn Triadelphia, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your stay.We try very hard to accommadate everyone, this is why I ask so many questions. I did not think you were lying, I just needed to make sure I was getting the right room prepared for you. The staff and I thank you for staying with us!
BRIDGETON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had a very pleasant night. Easy to find and plenty of places to shop, dine and fuel up. The woman at front desk was friendly and informative. The indoor pool and hot tub are open until 11pm. I was thrilled to find out there was a bar inside the hotel with food, slot machines and a smoking section! Nice looking room with spacious bathroom. Very happy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Easy to get to right off I 70 rooms are ok and housekeeping staff worked with odd hours of my arriving and departing only drawbacks I seem was no meat on breakfast menu and sandwiches lounge serves are microwaved even burgers but there is several restaurants nearby quiet location

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Comfort Inn Triadelphia? Share your experiences!