“Great Music and Brew” 4 of 5 stars

Salisbury, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Great Music and Brew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Since I live in the Garrett County/Allegany County MD area, this place is not very far away that it was doable in a weekend. I heard many great things about this place over the years and had to try it for myself. We went in November 2013 and wow, what a time we had. We picked the perfect weekend to go since they Hackensaw Boys were performing ($20 cover to get in) and they were awesome. It attached hundreds if people into this tiny place, but thats part of the atmosphere. Everyone was dancing and singing, simply having a great time.

If you are a city person and do not have an open mind about places off the beaten path, this place is not for you. You have to go here with a open mind. It's a no thrills place that simply serves up great food, beer, and music....heck...what else can you ask for? They say it's kid friendly, but I wouldn't take a kid under the age of 12 to this place. It is more of an adult atmosphere at night time. During the day, could be a different story, but I have never been during the day, so can't vouch. They have a lot of micro-brew beers, more than I knew existed. That made me fall in love instantly. I am a huge fan of micro-beer, and they had it all!

GO here, you won't be disappointed. People in WV are awesome and very friendly. They welcome you as if you're like family. Like I said earlier, be open minded and no be afraid to meet new people, and you'll have a great time at the Purple Fiddle!

Visited November 2013

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Thank you. We had a great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were on a climbing trip at Seneca, and on Saturday night we went to the Fiddle and had a great time. Super friendly service, simple high quality menu, excellent beer selection, and live music. Mama Corn, a Blue Grass band from Pennsylvania, was in that night and put on an energetic, fun, and talented performance. Next time we go back to WV, we will come back to this bar for sure. With the small cover charge for the band, food, and a ton-O-beer it was a good value.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“It's all about the Music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

You have to love the philosophy of the place...Live music, good beer,locally raised food, in a kid friedly atmosphere....To me it is a bar that serves some good food, serves is usually slow, but friendly. The music is top notch and you're ears won't be ringing when the music stops...I love it that children are welcome, they are the future of live music....

Morgantown, West Virginia
15 attraction reviews
“Quirky, Funky Joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Husband and I visited Thomas for the first time this past weekend. We decided to grab some lunch here after walking all over town. The menu looked great and we loved the vibe. What wasn't so hot is that after we ordered and paid it literally took an hour for our sandwiches to come out. Turns out they only had one person cooking and he was the person also serving the food. The food was fine but it wasn't really worth the wait coupled with the cost. I might go back, but only if it's dead. We wanted to get on with our day long before our food arrived.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not so great:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I were on a weekend color tour and stopped at the Purple Fiddle. We have been here once before and had great service and food so we wanted to return. I must say we were very disappointed our second trip here and won't return. The service was terrible. We ordered water and a soda. The water was self serve and it was empty. Our food was an order of hummus and a wrap. It took an hour to get our food and they were not busy. The two tables that were occupied next to us were equally as frustrated as we were. We finally had to ask for our food or we wanted our money back. Sad, because it really is a neat little place.

Visited October 2013

Been to Purple Fiddle? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Purple Fiddle, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.