“Excellent local breakfast or lunch” 5 of 5 stars

PO Box 134, WV Route 32 South, Thomas, WV
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Thomas
Cuisines: American
Description: The restaurant does not have a website, but it is mentioned in a news article here (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=71706), and on a directory here (http://www.wvfarm2u.org/buy-local/restaurant/Flying-Pigs-Breakfast---Lunchery,NVTscGYPGqk%3D.aspx).
Hambleton
“Excellent local breakfast or lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We love eating at Flying Pigs either for breakfast or lunch. The food is excellent, home cooking. The service is friendly and helpful. We love the Ruben and BLT, but everything is excellent. It is a wonderful place for excellent food at inexpensive prices.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Zero for atmosphere!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was so sad... The a actual restaurant is warm and cure. The food tasted old but was hot at least. I think my bitterness comes from te fact that I had to hear two women employees talk about how they were so pissed that their husband didn't file his tax ammendment. I should not have to hear about an employees life specially a depressing angry story!! Ruined my breakfast to be surrounded by negativity. I will not reccomend this place nor will I be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Tennessee
“Mean Nasty waiter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was going to visit the Flying Pig for my second time and was looking forward to having a wonderful meal. I was expecting a repeat of my first visit. I can't make their hours during the week so I was looking forward to eating there this weekend...yesterday in fact. When I came in there was only one table open and it was in the back of the restaurant by the bathrooms and the kitchen door. I didn't feel comfortable there so when a table opened up in the front of the restaurant I told the waiter that I was going to move to that table after it had been cleaned. The waiter who is slight in build with a shaven head then informed me that if a larger party came in I would have to move from the table that had 4 chairs at it. I looked around and saw a couple (two people) at a table that sat six, and also a party of 3 at a table that would seat six. I inquired if they would also have to move if a larger party came in and he responded to me "NO they were here before you...if you don't like it then you can go somewhere else". If that wasn't rude enough... as I left the restaurant I closed door and was walking down the sidewalk when he opened the door and was yelling at me while I was walking down the sidewalk. I think the restaurant has good food but I will never go back. I wonder if the owner allows that kind of behavior from the staff or just doesn't know. Any server that would tell a customer "If you don't like it you can go somewhere else" in my opinion should not be working in the service industry. Maybe Flying Pig just knows that there is not that much competition in the area and to lose one customer is not a big deal. But I think that everyone in the restaurant was wondering why the guy was hanging out the door yelling at me after I left the restaurant. Very un-professional. Next weekend I'm making my own breakfast. Too bad Flying Pig...you lost what would have been a loyal customer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Don't pass it up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Love little places like this! Don't pass it up based on face value. It's not the cleanest, and there aren't many tables, but you'll be glad you stopped in. We weren't greeted when we walked in, and the woman who served us was right to the point, but it didn't detract from the experience. She knew what she was doing and she did it well. You seat yourself, so we picked a small table by the front window and could see back into the kitchen. I was pleased to see it was set-up just like a regular old kitchen you'd see in someone's house, and the older lady back there cooking was wearing an apron like she was right at home. After seeing that, I knew we were in good hands and in for some good ol' fashioned cooking! I was relieved to see they serve breakfast all day because I was really craving a good, hot breakfast! I ordered the breakfast scrambler with eggs, red peppers, red onion, and smoked cheese, along with toast and fried red potatoes, and my boyfriend ordered the Reuben and biscuits and gravy. It was all very fresh, hot, and delicious, and well worth the price! Be advised they don't take credit cards. Stop in and support a small, local business. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hurricane, West Virginia
“Great food in a very small town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

If you are staying at one of the ski resorts in the area. Check out this place. Great food! It taste like home cooking. Great dessert also.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Flying Pigs? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Flying Pigs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.