“Great anniversary overnight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Cimino Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton
Cafe Cimino Country Inn
You added Cafe Cimino Country Inn to your Saves list
616 Main Street, Sutton, WV 26601   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Sutton B&B and Inns
“Great anniversary overnight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have lived in wv my entire life and can't believe it took me 40 years to visit this gem in the heart of WV. Five minutes off of I-79 and only an hour from charleston, it's a wonderful overnight romantic getaway. Our room (the Annabella) had a great terrace overlooking the river. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a welcoming staff, taken to our room and drink orders were taken and brought directly to our room. (Not to mention I sat on the terrace and watched the bartender pick the fresh mint from the garden for my mojito!!!!). Dinner was superb. Service was over the top. Room was impeccably clean, comfortable and welcoming and surprisingly quiet (we stayed in the main house where the dining room
and kitchen were). The bar down by the river is cozy and the drinks were excellent. Will DEFINITELY be going back.

• Stayed May 2014
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hello there! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We loved having you: you two knew everything to do to enjoy all that we offer-the food, your room, the grounds, the bar, the river. We love when guests explore and find all of our little hidden away nooks and crannies for chilling out and relaxing, enjoying the natural surrounds, and who enjoy our hospitality staff :) Please come back soon...and often! Cheers, and thanks again, Melody, your Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

In September of 2013 I attended a wedding of my best friends here and I just can't say enough about the wonderful setting and the positive catering attitude of the staff. I stayed for two nights and the whole thing was just wonderful. The attendees of the wedding had booked up almost the entire b&b except for a few rooms (and we soon became good friends over a bonfire and glass of wine).

The first night we were there we had the rehearsal dinner and rehearsal followed by sitting around a bonfire and enjoying good company beneath the trees listening to the stream behind the inn. A member of the staff continued to check on us and even offered to bring fixings for s'mores out! The service was hands down the best I've ever received while in WV.

The wedding was beautifully put together, the food is incredible (especially the bacon at breakfast) and the location is relaxing and far away from lights, city noises and traffic. The wedding was magical and I'll definitely be back post-wedding. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. If you need some down time and some good food and drink, come here.

Room Tip: You can't lose.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear "Wedding Escape" friend! We appreciate so much that you took the time to share your experience at our Inn with the Trip Advisor world! As you can tell, we love to see that our guests have a good time as well as good food, drink, a good night's sleep and "the breakfast bacon!" Thank you again for sharing, and we hope to see you again soon (and often) Cheers! your hostess & innkeeper, Melody
Buckhannon, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

No hesitation, Cafe Cimino is worth traveling miles for. From the moment you arrive, you will love it whether your visit is for a meal or an overnight You receive a warm welcome the instant you open the door. John, Jill, Shawn or Cassie will be eager to bring you tea, wine or help with luggage. The dining experience is five-star. This place can hold its own against any place around the globe. If you are fortunate enough to spend the night, you will be offered a three course breakfast that I have none to compare. Hands down the two breakfasts I had here are by far the best I have had in my life. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are very quiet. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The Lucia is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Traveler!!! We are so happy that you were pleased with your 2 day stay at the Inn (with 20 or so of your closest friends and family!). It was our pleasure :) Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor world! That really helps get the word out about our "little slice of heaven" that is Café Cimino Country Inn. again, thank you from Chef Tim, melody & all of the staff here at the Inn! Please come back soon & often! We'll keep a good supply of the "sticky toffee pudding" for you :)
Cheers, Melody, your Innkeeper
Clayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

After 9 hours of touring the curvy back roads of KY and southern WV on the motorcycle, I had just said to my husband "I sure wish we could find an unexpected unique place to stay", however, it wasn't looking likely. We had just about given up when we saw the B&B sign on the roadside. WOW!!! Cafe Cimino Country Inn far exceeded my wish or any expectations we could possibly have. We pulled up to the end of the brick road to see couples enjoying candle light dining on the front porch of a beautiful historic mansion. Much to our surprise, and despite our wind blown appearance, we were welcomed by the most gracious staff and escorted to an available room in the carriage house. The accommodations were beautiful and comfortable. We had a gourmet dinner with a wonderful bottle of wine, all with continued OUTSTANDING service from the staff. We enjoyed a bonfire after dinner before tucking in for a much needed nights sleep. Breakfast was as delicious as dinner...and again, the staff was better than great!! WHAT A TERRIFIC PLACE! The next time we stay, Cafe Cimino Country Inn will BE our DESTINATION.

Room Tip: They offer rooms inside the main house, in the carriage house and suites in a building behind the ho...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Wow!! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our family Inn!!! Imagine my happy surprise to return from a week's vacation and see your kind words about your dinner, stay & breakfast at our Inn. The best thing you shared, for me. was your thoughts about our wonderful staff! I think I share your sentiment...they are pretty Outstanding! You know what I think it is? The "hospitality gene"...some folks have it and some don't. We strive to hire the ones who just love people and service. Your lovely review just endorses that practice. I learned once, in a customer satisfaction training, that the original Old Man Nordstrom, who became touted as the hallmark for his customer service staff, said, when asked how in the world he had such incredible service-what was his secret, " I hire the "smile" and train the rest". I always thought that was pretty cool. thanks again for your review. The staff are all just "beaming" after reading it :) Please come back soon and hopefully, I will be able to meet you next time. Cheers!
Melody, Innkeeper/Owner
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I badly needed a getaway, not too far away, from the gloomy weather and water problems of my hometown. ‘Café Cimino is the place!’ said a friend who’d recently had a girls’ weekend there. ‘It’s warm, friendly and the food is great.’ If anything, her accolades were an understatement. As soon as I arrived I was greeted with a lovely welcome from owners, Tim and Melody Urbanic, engaging staff member Kara, who treated me to homemade chocolate chip cookies and hot tea, which I ate and drank on a cosy couch by one of several fireplaces. Afterwards I went for a pre-dinner rest in my pleasant, comfortable room, The Logan, which has a wood inlaid sleigh queen bed with a selection of pillows to sink into. I had requested a bathtub rather than a shower; the clawfoot soaking tub was truly luxurious with a connected hand shower. My dinner, mussels in a special Cimino tomato sauce, salad, and a hazelnut chocolate cake, was terrific. The quality, with very different selections, was echoed the other two nights I stayed. The restaurant is broken up into several dining rooms on the first floor of the Inn, allowing for an atmosphere of intimacy and ease. Breakfasts, generally cooked by Chef Tim, are a culinary wonder, ranging from quiche to Spanish tortillas (and much more that I don’t know about), accompanied by mini-scones, rolls, and fresh fruit, juice, excellent coffee, and choice of teas. Café Cimino Country Inn is located in the charming small town of Sutton, West Virginia, with some wonderful houses; some in use, others waiting for new owners. A stone jail that looks like a mini-castle is currently vacant, would be fantastic for imaginative development. The Elk River runs behind Sutton. During good weather guests of Café Cimino can dine by or near the river. I was snowed in for an extra day at Café Cimino. Tim and Melody, dog Maggie May, and the staff couldn’t have been kinder making me feel totally at home. Food and drink didn’t run out. I have stayed in inns and b&b’s throughout the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain. Café Cimino Country Inn, with its combination of hominess, friendliness, gourmet food and sophistication is unique and wonderful, a perfect place for a celebration, a getaway, or to just hang out.

Room Tip: Go online to check out the rooms; there are good descriptions.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello there Dear Guest! We all truly enjoyed your company during your 3 day stay and hope that you did as well (even though one of the nights you were kind of "stuck with us" due to the snow!). You made it easy to make you comfortable and happy during your stay; the staff enjoyed getting to know you, as did Chef Tim and I. Thank you for sharing your cool music with me; that was fun singing along with Fred Astaire on that snowy morning! Hopefully other folks from your city will find us and love our little town; we do have neat architectural buildings-many of them ready for someone to see a future for them and start a little business. Maybe even you!!! Anyway, thanks again for sharing your food & lodging experience with us- and with the Trip Advisor world. Please come see us the next time you want to "getaway from it all"...Café Cimino Country Inn is always here for you :) your Innkeeper, Melody
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We chose Cafe Cimino Country Inn because we had been there many times as a couple but this time we went with my boyfriend's family to celebrate his birthday. Imagine, having all your children and their spouses with you as well as your brother and his wife. We booked the entire house plus one of the outside suites overlooking the river. It was nothing less than magical. Party of 10 arrived and were shown to their rooms and then the gracious staff took over. They accompanied us to the quaint bistro/bar and there we had appetizers and cocktails...unbelievable service and delicious appetizers. We relaxed and looked forward to a fabulous meal by Chef Tim Urbanic. We room was set up for our private birthday celebration. (Most had never experienced Cafe Cimino) and they left nothing undone. Our wait staff was exceptional and took pride in making every wish come true. I will always love them for that. In fact, I had asked if it was possible to have some type of sorbet available for a dessert menu item...I knew it was not a normal menu item...and when desserts were announced, Chef Tim had MADE orange sorbet just for out celebration!! Unbelievable and a memory we will never forget. We slept well in our luxurious rooms (Beds are too good to be true) and woke to the smell of freshly ground coffee and a breakfast fit for a king. Yummy peppered thick-cut bacon, spinach and gruyere cheese quiche, fried polenta cake with balsamic reduction salsa. Oh and of course there was a course of fruit/greek yogurt as well as freshly baked scones and muffins. This is the most well-appointed relaxing B&B experience ever! Melody, Tim and their amazing home-grown staff are quite simply the best WV has to offer. We will continue to celebrate and relax at our home away from home. Thank you for creating such a magical place.

Room Tip: All are wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hello there, Cindy! This winter has just been filled with wonderful big family gatherings- and yours was simply wonderful! We appreciate your appreciation for our staff and their attention to details when it comes to customer service. But, you know, the real secret is, they all genuinely care about people, actually love hosting special events and being involved in helping you pull off a truly memorable event! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the trip advisor world-we like to "attract" more people like you and your family! And imagine how awesome these events are in the good weather, with all of the verandas, porches, patios and fire pit available to the party! So, maybe you just have to plan another family gathering this Spring or Summer! Thanks again! Melody & Chef Tim, your Innkeepers :)
charleston wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We celebrated my husband's 60th birthday at the Café Cimino. The experience exceeded all expectations and we can't wait to visit again. The house (and suites and carriage house) is just beautiful; the food was spectacular, both dinner selections and breakfast the next day, but the service was truly unsurpassable - the friendly staff treated us like family, attending to every detail, from room climate to chauffeur service. They made the evening memorable - every guest there was overwhelmed! So grateful to them - they are a special group of people!

Room Tip: The suites and several of the carriage house rooms have private balconies with river views - just lo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at our Inn! All of us absolutely enjoyed serving as "party central" for the 60th Birthday party. So nice to see all the family and lifelong friends relaxing by the river, sharing stories and appetizers, then have the big birthday dinner. We love being here for family reunions and celebrations; seeing you all enjoying one another without anyone worrying about the food and drinks and breakfast the next day, is worth everything to us! We look forward to hosting your next family gathering! thanks again, Melody, your Innkeeper

Been to Cafe Cimino Country Inn? Share your experiences!