“It will be a while before I go back” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 25 Restaurants in Summersville
Cuisines: American
Reidsville, Georgia
“It will be a while before I go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stopped next door for the night and thought I am hungry so lets see what's cooking. Steak and seafood says the gal who seated me in direct sun light blinding me when Nora was taking the order...I shaded my eyes and asked her to speak up as with the music playing in the background she is barely audible... but I did hear steak and seafood for $12.99 Alright I thought ....never did see any steak and the seafood was seafood but very small peal your own shrimp, There were a rib in BBQ sauce and I asked for extra napkins... she brought me one....food was mundane and lacked taste....the clam chowder lacked any taste or clams...needless to say I left back to the hotel . Its been a long time since going into a Shoney's and will no doubt be a much longer time before I go back...

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Reasonable breakfast for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Buffet is your average Shoney's buffet. Some of the food was not the freshest and should've been switched out for new. Overall the servers are attentive and make sure that your meal is pleasant.

Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Staff very friendly, foods just ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Seated immediated, and waitres came right over, buffet is ok, not a huge selection, and food choices are just ok.

Visited October 2013
Garden City Beach, South Carolina
“Poor in every way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have tried this place over the years because of proximity to hotel after a long day on the road. We always leave saying this is the last time but give them another chance on future travels simply because of location. This time we are done for good. Have never found a Shoneys that was anything but extreme mediocrity at best. This location has a long history with us of poor quality and service. We have walked out in the past when the salad bar ingredients looked like they were fished out of a dumpster. We have had instances of being treated like we were imposing upon the host/hostess by coming in to dine. We have had inattentive servers also. This last time there we entered an almost empty restaurant and stood waiting to get take out cartons for the salad bar. The shift manager asked the designated hostess to help us and she ignored her. The manager got us our cartons and we proceeded to salad bar. As usual the quality was not good but it was not literally garbage. We found the shredded cheddar to have a spot of mold on it. We politely pointed it out to the salad bar tender who was the same lazy one who walked away when asked to serve us. Instead of replacing the cheese she said in a very nasty rude tone to take it up with the manager. she removed the bad cheese and we noticed the ice in the buffet station was melted. No wonder the food was going bad. We were tired after a long trip and decided to risk getting sick just so we could eat and relax in our room. At the register the manager that appeared to be the only employee working asked if things were OK. We told her how rude the server was and at least she gave us our salads free, and luckily we did not get sick. After we got to our destination we called this restaurant to complain to a higher manager. We got the same manager on duty that evening and she said that nasty, lazy, rude employee was fired over this incident. In spite of a free meal and the well deserved firing of a poor employee we will never set foot in a Shoneys again. I do not know how this chain stays in business. This location is among the worst of a bad chain. This place rates poor in every way.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth
“Breakfast on the dinner buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was coming here after a long day in West Virginia expecting a great dinner on the buffet but instead there was fried chicken and everything else Breakfast I was not impressed at all I eat breakfast for breakfast not for dinner.

• Visited August 2013