“Good views of the river” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Battlefields, State Parks, Outdoors
Columbus, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
“Good views of the river”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a couple trails that had great views of the river. It's one of those places that I hope to visit in the fall with the changing of the leaves.

Visited May 2013

Gloucester, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Love Carnifex!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I remember visiting Carnifex with my family as a child, so this park holds a special place in my heart. Now that I'm married with a child of my own, we enjoy taking day trips to the park to picnic, hike, play, and visit the historical Civil War site. There is a museum, cannon, graves, etc at the park, which is a great & fun way to teach children about Civil War history. You can hike to the river, where you may see some kayakers playing in the rapids. There is also a really nice overlook to view the river and mountains.

Visited April 2013
weston wv
“what a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had so much fun at the driftwood cottage. The place was stocked with firewood, even starter wood, it was clean and well-stocked with everything. The view was beautiful and we really enjoyed the hot tub. Good prices, very clean and the owners are wonderful folks!
Margaret Darling

Visited February 2013
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Great park! Don't miss the view from the overlook platform. Want to return to hike the trails when it's not raining.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Clean park, clean restrooms, fantastic views. Don't miss the turn-off to the park, it is located on a sharp curve in the road.

Visited September 2012
Culloden, WV
4 attraction reviews
“Been Many Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My parents too me here when I was a kid, I am 63 now and over the years I have taken my kids there several times and now I have grandkids and I will take them there as well. The old house from the battle is still there and open, you can see the bullet dasmmage in the walls