“starting to show its age..” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
Marietta, Ohio
“starting to show its age..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I arrived at 2:00 am ask for late check out it was no problem...fair size lot to get semi in..this is an older place, matress was great...people were great...rooms starting to show its age... many stains on recliner,light out in bathroom...room was dimly lit ...carpet was starting to show a little wear..all in all it wasnt a bad place to stay by no means just not quite up to par with many of the Hampton Inns I have stayed in...biggest downfall was business center was located in conference room which was occupied with a meeting when I was wanting to check my e-mail.( I guess I should buy a laptop)...not bad ...not great...but Ok...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

I have yet to find a poor quality Hampton Inn. We were driving to Florida and needed a place to stay for the night. The Hampton Inn in Summersville was our choice. The hotel was up to date, the rooms were clean, and the staff were very nice.

It was still cold and the pool was closed. I was an outdoor pool and it looked ok (it was covered) although it was not very large.

Hampton Inn’s always have a continental breakfast and the one in this hotel was good. The normal fare, cereal, fruit, muffins etc. The hot selection was bacon and omelettes.

We will return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

This was our second stay here. The rooms were clean, the pillows and comforters were comfortable, though the bed was a bit too firm for me. Breakfast wasn't quite as good as other Hampton Inn's I've stayed at but it was adequate. My big complaint is that there is way too much light in the room at night. The outside of the building has tons of spotlights pointing up towards the building and the way that the drapes are situated, you can't quite get the drape to close all the way on the wall side. The light came thru the side of the drape and reflected off the wall. I am sensitive to light and couldn't sleep. I am still giving the hotel a 4 rating b/c it's more of a personal issue that would cause me not to stay here again. The staff were very nice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Ann Arbor,Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

We stayed at Hampton Inn for two nights. Everything what I have to say about hotel is only great things. We had two queen beds which were so comfortable. I brought our own pillows and comforters without knowing that hotel have so soft and comfy pillows and big soft comforters (not like those cheap hotel blankets). The hotel was so quiet. We slept like babies. I was really surprised not hearing hallway noise or next to our room neighbors.
I liked everything. The breakfast bar was great. They had muffins, cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausages, cereal, fruit salad, juices, coffee, milk, bagels, biscuits. What else do you need?
It was great experience with clean room, so comfortable beds, quiet nights, great service. I wish we could stay longer.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
And I forgot to mention the pool which we used few times and was very nice. They also have Wi Fi and business room where we used the printer to print directions to our next event. Hampton Inn is great choice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We stayed here and felt it was an excellent value.

The rooms were clean - and for the price, we have no complaints.

Only two drawbacks:

1) The pool was outdoor (we already knew that - so no surprise - but my son wanted to swim, and it was cold that day so we didn't).

2) The breakfast was not the best (compared to other Hampton Inns. The eggs were extremely dry, there was not a meat choice, the water for the oatmeal was cold.

We ate yogurt, cereal, etc - so this would not keep me from returning...but we choose hotels partially based on a "hot" breakfast...so this was a little disappointing.

Overall, great value - clean, safe area - and for the amount we paid - we would stay here again without reservation.

• Liked — A clean and safe room at a great price
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Great for a stop over! The rooms were clean and linens fresh.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Meadville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

I stayed here on a symphony tour. This hotel is excellent. My room was huge and newly redone. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Good amenities, too. The front desk was very helpful with some personal items I needed. There are two "hotel dogs" that are on the premises which I loved! The breakfast was good, and they had milk and cookies in the evening.

• Liked — It was so comfy!
  • Disliked — Not much
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Summersville? Share your experiences!