“No Fridge or Microwave is the deal breaker” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Webster Road, Summersville, WV 26651   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
Titusville, Florida
“No Fridge or Microwave is the deal breaker”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The wife and I stayed here on our annual snowbird winter stay/trip to Florida...
The hotel was a little dated,at least the room we had was...
Some of the wallpaper was curling at the seems (reminds us why we don't like wallpaper)
There was No fridge or microwave...
We find we like having them in the rooms we rent...
We paid $108.oo including the tax
So we don't really skimp on the price,but expect more for that price...
the beds were fine.
the bathroom was fine
the breakfast was good,but the scrambled eggs had cheese and ham chunks mixed in, so ,
if you have issues with those 2 items,you may be out of luck for eggs...
everything else that is normally available at higher priced chains was the same,except the
old looking bananas...(we did not try them)
We could let everything slid,but the No fridge or microwave issue, is key to our comfort,SO
we will look at other chains in the area next trip!
Lastly,I AM a Hilton HHonors member.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather S, Manager at Hampton Inn Summersville, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is not a requirement for Hampton Inn's to have refrigerators and microwaves. However, we do understand how important they are for a good stay. We will be adding this amenity to all of our rooms very soon. In addition we will be undergoing a remodel to modernize our hotel.

Please know that your concerns are our concerns! We want every guest to have a great stay so they will continue to choose our hotel. Please come and visit us again soon so that we can show our commitment to your comfort. We love having you here!

Happy Holidays!

Heather Somogyi
Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels over the years (and have Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP status to prove it) and have never encountered a front desk clerk as cold and unhelpful as the woman who checked us in for our one night stay there last week. I was traveling with my Mom and my puppy and we had been on the road for 11 hours, the last few in the rain/fog/dark mountain roads of VA/WV. I had attempted to book a rewards stay for this property online (because it takes pets), but the system was down for most of the day. When we arrived, the desk clerk informed me that the hotel was not actually affiliated with Hilton HHonors (REALLY?!!) and offered a full price room. She did not acknowledge that I was a diamond member, welcome us to the hotel, or offer the diamond perks (snack/drink) that I am accustomed to as a Diamond member when staying at Hampton properties. She did, however; make sure I filled out their EXTENDED waiver for my bringing the dog. The room was large, the beds comfortable and relatively sound proof. Breakfast was very good. The hotel had a large outdoor pool (closed for the season) and a nicely equipped fitness room. I would have given this property four (maybe even five) stars, but that check in clerk ruined it for me. Still, I'll probably stay again because not many Hilton properties accept pets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts gets comfort and satisfaction before anything else. Guest feedback is very important because it helps us make sure other guests are not disappointed as well.

Again, thank you for sharing your frustration with your recent stay. Please stay with us again soon, so we can show how front desk hospitality should be.

Happy Holidays!

Heather Somogyi
Assistant GM
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was an overnight stop on a long roadtrip. We expected a mediocre place to sleep but the hotel surprised us pleasantly. It was clean and bright, and had homey kind of vibe, despite being in the middle of West Virginia. The beds were tidy and comfortable and there was no noise. The room could have used a fridge or some other amenities, but it did the job well. The breakfast was serviceable, not extravagant, so that was fine too. Service at the front desk was efficient. All in all, we were pleased with our choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The decor and furnishings are a bit older, but the hotel is very well maintained. The lobby, guest room and bathroom were very clean. For a hotel, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. They were busy on the two nights we stayed here, but we did not hear any outside noise or doors slamming during the night.

The people at the front desk were very welcoming and helpful. I had called before our trip and asked if there was a microwave in the guest rooms. They told me there was not but they had one they would put in our room if we desired. I did not mention this request when we checked in, and we were pleasantly surprised to see that a microwave had already been placed in our room.

This hotel is located right off the highway, and there are several fast-food restaurants nearby.

I was hesitant to stay here after reading reviews that described the hotel as "older," but I am definitely glad that we did. Everything was very clean. If I am ever traveling through this part of West Virginia again I will stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St Catharines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here on our way home from Myrtle Beach. 7 of us. We had 2 bedrooms across from each other. Only thing missing was a fridge/micro. Rooms were clean and breakfast good. Best place we have stayed in so far in Summersville. Will stay again on our travels. Good half way point for us. Staff was great also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I wrote a review of this Hampton about nine months ago. We stayed again last month on our trip to Florida. Everything I wrote before still applies as it did last year, so I won't repeat it. Except for one comment. Last year I said it was relatively expensive and a good choice for points. Well, this time the reverse was true. This was the least expensive Hampton in WV but the points cost was the same as elsewhere. I guess prices and points get reviewed and updated, or perhaps it's the season. In any case, don't assume - always check the alternatives.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

good place to stay free breakfast but clerk read items offered from a list he had which included scrambled eggs. No scrambled eggs tho, instead they were hard boiled, which was fine if they would not have been actlually frozen! I bit into one and got a chunk of ice in my mouth, finished my coffee and yogurt left hotel and went to McDonalds. Otherwise it was clean, staff was friendly and it was not in a secluded area of town, so we enjoyed the night we stayed

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Summersville? Share your experiences!