“Nice stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Merchants Walk Shopping Center, Summersville, WV 26651 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Summersville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
“Nice stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hotel was very nice. Will stay there again. Rooms were clean. Only complaint is that the indoor pool was very cold (heater was turned off). Staff were polite and beds were super comfortable. Breakfast was decent. This was a good stopover on our trip to Myrtle Beach.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Castle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Room size large and roomy. (We had a room with double queen beds) Hotel has indoor pool and exercise room. Breakfast included with nice selection offered. Close to gas station and Walmart. We have stayed at other LaQuinta hotels and enjoyed them too.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Grovetown, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As snowbirds, we travel south each fall and return to NY in the spring. Like to spend a night about half way in our travels. As another traveler commented, we too usually stayed at the Baymont. Several years ago we had stayed at a La Quinta in FL and loved it. So when we found one in Summersville, we decided to try it. It was clean, beds comfortable and desk staff were so accommodating. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Okotoks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very impressed. Room was big, everything so clean with all the amenities one would need. We enjoyed the big breakfast and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I really appreciate the desk calling to make sure everything was good after we had checked in. Bob Evans, one of our favorite restaurants, was right next door for dinner.. After driving all day we did not want to go out looking for a place to eat so both hotel and restaurant were perfect for us. Will definitely recommend thiis La Quinta Inn to everyone.

Room Tip: We were assigned a 2 queen bed room and it was beautiful so don't really have any other tips. M...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Garden City Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been a loyal customer of Baymont up the road a bit for years going between summer and winter homes. I stayed at a LaQuinta in Cheyenne Wyoming a couple times 30 some years ago. It was above average and I always wanted to stay at one again. This chain is just expanding into the area I travel most. Reading good reviews I decided to try this one in spite of being very happy with Baymont. Overall I was pleased. Upon check in the young lady was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice with above average cleanliness. The bed and pillows were awesome. Second floor room was quiet and easy access off elevator. The room was nicely furnished with an easy chair and beverage table. The décor was a bit modern for my taste but that means nothing for an over night stay. Nice TV microwave, and refrigerator. I like an outdoor space to sit, which was lacking as the pool is indoors. Breakfast was above average with sausage , bacon and a second egg option. Nicely attended fresh and clean. The only issue I had was upon checkout I stood at an empty front desk for several minutes before a disheveled young man who looked like he just woke up reluctantly appeared. While I can not say he was rude he was extremely indifferent, quite a contrast to my check in experience. With all the security cameras around the desk I find it hard to believe I was not seen waiting. While LaQuinta and Baymont each have their pros and cons I will go back to Baymont next time. I have always been received excellent service there and it is about $10 cheaper. I am not unhappy with this hotel and rate it very good. It is just not that much better that I am going to change my loyalty to a place that I've been consistently happy with. Summersville is a great stop over for north south travel and it has two above average hotels that you can't go wrong with. Just watch out for the speed traps driving through, they mean 50 MPH.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very impressed with this motel. Had made previous reservation so check in was smooth. Staff was very friendly and courteous and even called later to make sure everything was ok. Room was immaculate, bathroom stocked with plenty of towels. Breakfast was good with plenty to select from. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Bonita Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first time staying at this particular La Quinta Inn and you can be sure we will be back.
Without a doubt the nicest La Quinta we have had the pleasure to stay in.
Beautiful spacious lobby with fireplace. Better breakfast than most La Quinta's. They had sausage rounds and scrambled eggs to my liking as well as Grits and the normal fare that La Q is known for.
They had a nice indoor pool and hot tub and a small fitness centre.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing highway not mall parking lot. Near Applebees, Bob Evans, Japanese Steak Restaura...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville? Share your experiences!