“Great hotel, great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Merchants Walk Shopping Center, Summersville, WV 26651 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Summersville)   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Summersville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was blown away by this La Quinta! Check in was smooth, although the desk agent was not overly welcoming. I travel with my dog, so LQ's free pet policy was a relief. I've previously stayed at the Econo Lodge in Beckley, WV (I drive NC to NY fairly frequently), and while their accommodations were acceptable, I'd highly recommend the LQ. Depending on which way you're traveling and where you're headed, this LQ is only about another hour from Beckley. And it's totally worth it! The rooms were recently renovated. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was big. The breakfast was AMAZING! As other reviewers have commented, it's a real home cooked breakfast. There were numerous cereals to choose from, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, muffins, bagels, waffles, yogurt and fresh fruit as well a variety of beverages. Summersville ain't much, but the LQ is in a plaza with a few full service restaurants, stores and gas stations. There's a CVS across the street. For the price (I paid $85/night), you really can't go wrong here. I'll be staying again on my travels.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with pets, you'll most likely be put on the ground floor. I was right ne...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Princeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a clean hotel with beautifully appointed rooms and free breakfast. Staff are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Since we are CAA members we were able to get a discount on the rate.
I can't say much good about the local restaurants. We are seniors in our 60's and can't believe that we were 'carded' at Applebee's. We hardly look close to age 21. I was told that regardless of age, everyone is carded when buying alcohol in the county. Ridiculous rule.
Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel if you absolutely MUST stay in Summersville. I'm sorry to say that although we have stopped here on our way to Florida many times, we will not be stopping in Summersville again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed in Summersville, WV many times over the past several years but cannot say we've been overly satisfied with any of our choices, which have also been limited because we travel with a dog. However, this trip we realized that the LQ was new and different and we couldn't have been happier with our choice to book there. The reno was fabulously done with great style and colour co-ordination throughout the hotel and especially in the rooms. There was no pet fee which made the rate even more valuable and the breakfast was a great selection, well-prepared and good tasting. THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST INNS WE'VE STAYED IN OVER MANY YEARS OF TRAVELLING IN THE U.S.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bridget N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Ron we are so glad you were happy with your choice in staying with us. We hope we get to see you again soon.
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nothing bad, but maybe I expected a bit more given the price point and its TA top ranking.

Positives are that it's directly on Rt 19 (southbound) and you can walk across the parking lot to La Carreta ( the Mexican restaurant in the strip mall - refer to my review if you are interested ). The room we had (king bed) was clean, spacious and well-appointed. They accept pets.

But it was over $100 per night, the walls seemed thin ( ie noise ), the pillows were rather uncomfortable and we could hear auto/truck noise out in the parking lot during the night.

Breakfast was from the usual hotel chain playbook.

Adequate but maybe you want to look around. The other reviews seem better than mine.....

Room Tip: I wouldn't call the noise level loud but just higher than I would have liked.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry we dropped the ball on your exceptions of our hotel. You really do deserve a great nights sleep when staying with us. I hope you will try us again soon, so we can get the next stay right.
North Lawrence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at other hotels in Summersville and was glad to see La Quinta open. The others are getting old and showing their age. Carpets and furnishings are tired, as well, it seems, the staff. Breakfast at the others was uninspired and tasteless. I enjoyed eating in here, and did not feel compelled to leave the hotel in search of a better meal.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent staff, accommodations, and breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. This hotel had undergone a recent refurbishment and the rooms were brought up-to-date rooms. Good selection of nearby local restaurants.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you Gregory for staying with us after the renovations. Hopefully we will see you again when business brings you back this way.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville? Share your experiences!