“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
Port Perry, Canada
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is newly renovated so it looks very new and stylish. We wanted a non-smoking room, but they had none available. We booked a smoking room because all the hotels in the area were booked and this was our only option without travelling another 30 miles down the road. The only time we smelled cigarette smoke was in the hallway to our room. Other than that, no problem at all. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and hot. Our room was clean and very modern. We got directions to an area restaurant where we got a discount by showing our room key. Our stay was only one night, but it was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was clean and newly updated. Staff was extremely friendly and made sure that we were well taken care of. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable for a hotel room, slept better there than at home. This particular weekend when we booked almost all hotels were full, but this hotel was the best choice for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Davidson, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Bathroom and room were very clean which is always a major PLUS! Check in/out staff is very friendly and efficient.
I asked for dinner recommendations and the front desk gave me a list with several suggestions. The one we chose gave a 10% discount on the entrees when we mentioned the Sleep Inn recommended us.
Breakfast is more than adequate.
This is certainly not the quietest place we've ever stayed. I forgot to ask for a room away from others and exit doors (and on the top floor). And I didn't have my earplugs.

Room Tip: Get a room away from others and exits with no one above and/or use earplugs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed overnight twice on a recent trip, once on my way south and then on the way back. Everything was fine. On my first stay, the room seemed cold and I could not see a thermostat to adjust. When I went to the front desk to ask if the heat could be turned up, I was told that the controls were in the heating unit below the window. You need to open up the lid and adjust things yourself. In my case, I found that the room got uncomfortably hot in the middle of the night. On the way back, I forgot again about having to adjust the heating controls myself, and woke up in the middle of the night to find that the room was cool; that time, I just snuggled under the blankets.
On my first stay, I got the impression from reading the fine print on the back of the door to my room that the room rate for a single person was $7 less than I had paid. When I mentioned this on my return visit, I was told that the rate I had been charged was their standard rate. The woman at the desk did not seem to know that the room rate is posted in the room. However, she said that there was a 10% discount for AAA members or seniors. Since I am obviously a senior (71 years old), I was surprised that I was not told this on my first visit. I am also a CAA member, and was not asked on my first visit whether I was. So, if you are staying here and are an AAA or CAA member, let them know.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great professional friendly and helpfull staff.The room was clean and well appointed.
Lots of channels on the new flatscreen tv.Nice and roomy shower ,They gave ue a list of restaurants close by were we could a discount of 10% just by showing the room key ,
The hot breakfast that was better than we remembered from our past stay's
We really enjoyed the 24 hr coffee or tea bar.Free Wi-Fi.The beds were great
Over all a great stop plus great value. Keith I

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The rooms are spacious & clean. The wifi signal was amazing. A new flat panel TV with cable that works & has more than 10 channels. A hot breakfast in the morning. Water pressure that will blow you out of the shower. A front desk staff that just can't do enough to help you & is soooooo friendly.

Sleep Inn will be getting my money every time we travel to see the grandkids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The staff was professional and friendly. The rate was reasonable. The room was clean and comfortable (although a little dated). The breakfast was better than expected. The pool area looked inviting even though it was closed due to the weather. Would definitely stay here again when passing through area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!