“Wedding weekend booking” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Wedding weekend booking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was clean and newly updated. Staff was extremely friendly and made sure that we were well taken care of. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable for a hotel room, slept better there than at home. This particular weekend when we booked almost all hotels were full, but this hotel was the best choice for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Davidson, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Bathroom and room were very clean which is always a major PLUS! Check in/out staff is very friendly and efficient.
I asked for dinner recommendations and the front desk gave me a list with several suggestions. The one we chose gave a 10% discount on the entrees when we mentioned the Sleep Inn recommended us.
Breakfast is more than adequate.
This is certainly not the quietest place we've ever stayed. I forgot to ask for a room away from others and exit doors (and on the top floor). And I didn't have my earplugs.

Room Tip: Get a room away from others and exits with no one above and/or use earplugs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed overnight twice on a recent trip, once on my way south and then on the way back. Everything was fine. On my first stay, the room seemed cold and I could not see a thermostat to adjust. When I went to the front desk to ask if the heat could be turned up, I was told that the controls were in the heating unit below the window. You need to open up the lid and adjust things yourself. In my case, I found that the room got uncomfortably hot in the middle of the night. On the way back, I forgot again about having to adjust the heating controls myself, and woke up in the middle of the night to find that the room was cool; that time, I just snuggled under the blankets.
On my first stay, I got the impression from reading the fine print on the back of the door to my room that the room rate for a single person was $7 less than I had paid. When I mentioned this on my return visit, I was told that the rate I had been charged was their standard rate. The woman at the desk did not seem to know that the room rate is posted in the room. However, she said that there was a 10% discount for AAA members or seniors. Since I am obviously a senior (71 years old), I was surprised that I was not told this on my first visit. I am also a CAA member, and was not asked on my first visit whether I was. So, if you are staying here and are an AAA or CAA member, let them know.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great professional friendly and helpfull staff.The room was clean and well appointed.
Lots of channels on the new flatscreen tv.Nice and roomy shower ,They gave ue a list of restaurants close by were we could a discount of 10% just by showing the room key ,
The hot breakfast that was better than we remembered from our past stay's
We really enjoyed the 24 hr coffee or tea bar.Free Wi-Fi.The beds were great
Over all a great stop plus great value. Keith I

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The rooms are spacious & clean. The wifi signal was amazing. A new flat panel TV with cable that works & has more than 10 channels. A hot breakfast in the morning. Water pressure that will blow you out of the shower. A front desk staff that just can't do enough to help you & is soooooo friendly.

Sleep Inn will be getting my money every time we travel to see the grandkids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were expecting to be satisfied as we just wanted a place to stop for the night, but what a nice surprise, I would have been happy to stay for much longer. It was nicely decorated, very roomy, the bed was super comfortable, great shower... Also pleased with the free breakfast and free wifi. There were lots of restaurants and stores right there, and free coffee available 24 hours. The staff was very friendly. I just can't say enough good about the place!!

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were updated, & very comfortable. Wifi worked well. I can't really recall anything negative, which is a good sign. I would definitely stay again if ever passing through.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Gary W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Shox,

Thanks a bunch for the kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time and sending your comments to Trip Advisor. The comments are very helpful to future travelers.

We are glad you enjoyed our newly remodeled property. We are happy to say that on January 1st, 2014 we will be completely done. We are receiving rave reviews so far about the new design.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving your future Summersville lodging needs.

Gary Withee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summersville
Baymont Inn & Suites Summersville
Super 8 Summersville
Super 8 Summersville
#6 of 7 in Summersville
3.0 of 5 stars 247 reviews

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!