“Not up to par” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ladson, SC
“Not up to par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have eaten at Bob Evans in South Charleston many times.....every time we go to West Virginia. Folks had told us that the food and service there have declined, and they were right. We went there for dinner on March 13. The service was poor and the food was worse. My husband had chicken pot pie which he reports was ok. Three of us had turkey & dressing. The turkey was overcooked and tough, and the entire meal was only lukewarm (NOT hot!). Our waitress was inattentive, but that might have been because she was overworked. There are several better dinner options out Corridor G instead of this poor one.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

33% Recommend
Ball Ground, Georgia, United States
“Average food, slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by on a Sunday afternoon around 3 pm and found several people waiting to be seated, however several booths were open. It appears they did not have enough staff. We waited patiently but were not impressed with the food. The location is great but attention is needed for the management of the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dunbar, West Virginia
“Bob Evans Down Home Treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It is always a joy to go to Bob Evans. The South Charleston service is excellent, as is the food. Whenever I get a coupon with the BE Club, I invite a friend to experience Bob Evans!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wow. Atrocious.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Entered at 6 pm. Took 25 minutes to receive drinks, over an hour to receive food. Food had been sitting under a heat lamp until it was too tough to chew, except for my daughter's mac and cheese and my broccoli...both of which were ice cold...including a mac and cheese that had literally hardened.

Waitress did not offer apology nor ask why food was left uneaten. Manager never visited table; however, she visited and made sure to check on surrounding tables that were showing signs of frustration.

Worst 50 bucks I have ever spent. No one was pleased with their meal.

Terrible, terrible experience.

Will never reenter the establishment.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Albans, West Virginia
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We've eaten here many times and the food is always good and for the most part so is the service. We have noticed that in the last couple of years it seems to be slipping a little. I know one thing that I do not like what corporate management has done. They used to give the wait staff any tip you left on your card to them at the end of their shift, not anymore. Now it is put on their pay check. I no longer leave a tip on my card but always leave cash. The wait staff people at all restaurants struggle to make ends meet, so unless the service is really horrible I always leave a tip. They can't control how fast the food comes out. I don't believe my wife and I have ever been disappointed in the food or the portions, or for the most part the service. Pretty darn consistent.

• Visited August 2012