“Tragic Accident” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Lexington, South Carolina
“Tragic Accident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My brother was in a fatal accident, he was struck by a train on 4 November 2013 approximately at 1:40 p.m. After arriving to the hotel Angle (GM) greeted my wife and I with open arms without know why we there. She made special accommodation to help with our loss. There were only two rooms left in the hotel and she arranged for us to have the best one of all, the Honey Moon Suite. We appreciate her leadership because whenever she wasn't there her presence worked through her staff. Angle and her staff made our stay very memorable and comfortable. We will gladly stay at her Wingate anytime.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
WingateCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Harvey D, I am so sorry for your loss, and I'm appreciative of the compliments you gave us during this time. We will be here in the future should you need us again for anything.

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I travel to this area often and like trying different places. This hotel is located South of downtown, which makes it necessary to travel a few blocks if you are looking for downtown access.

Absolutely gorgeous hotel! The decor in the rooms is fabulous and very well thought out. The towels and sheets are soft and comfy. The room itself was immaculate. Nice amenities too. Quiet rooms, no noise at all coming from other rooms OR the hallways. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room service is available from the hotel beside it and the food was actually pretty decent.

I have stayed in several places in this area and this one by far is one of the nicest. I will absolutely return for another stay when I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
WingateCharlestonMGR, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
prettipinkprincess68, I want to thank you so much for trying us out! All the staff at the Wingate by Wyndham are grateful for your comments. We are thrilled to hear how enjoyable your stay was and we look forward to seeing you again!
Oak Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

overall, the stay was good. My only real complaint is that the beds were not very comfortable at all. They were very flat, and hard once you tried to get comfortable to fall asleep. Other than that, the room was clean, it was low on dishes toilet paper, the room did not smell, and when I requested extra towels they were brought up very quickly to my room. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateCharlestonMGR, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Pamela L, Thank you for your review and compliments. We do appreciate the recommendation, and I am sorry that the beds were not comfortable to you. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charleston? Share your experiences!