“overall, the stay was good. My only real complaint is that...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Oak Hill
“overall, the stay was good. My only real complaint is that...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

overall, the stay was good. My only real complaint is that the beds were not very comfortable at all. They were very flat, and hard once you tried to get comfortable to fall asleep. Other than that, the room was clean, it was low on dishes toilet paper, the room did not smell, and when I requested extra towels they were brought up very quickly to my room. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateCharlestonMGR, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Pamela L, Thank you for your review and compliments. We do appreciate the recommendation, and I am sorry that the beds were not comfortable to you. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future!

422 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were pretty clean, but the toilets sounded like a jet taking off. I could hear every time someone flushed, so I did not flush during the night. I also did not care for the half pillows on the bed. I liked they gave you four, but I felt they were too small. Overall the hotel was clean, comfortable and a nice place to stay. We asked the desk clerk for some recommendations for lunch and they really didn't have any suggestions which was surprising. We often travel and count on the locals for suggestions on places to try so we were kind of left out in the dark.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WingateCharlestonMGR, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Chrisjim32, Thank you for the review! I am sorry to hear that the low-flow toilets were so loud for you and that you heard so much from the other rooms. I will have this checked into to see what we can do. I am also sorry that our desk staff seemed unprepared for the local cuisine questions you had. We will reinforce our training on that to make sure that our guests receive enough information to make an informed dining decision. Thank you for the comments, they allow us to better serve our guests!
Saint Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I found the Wingate by Wyndam Hotel in Charleston WV to be nice and convenient. The lobby and breakfast area has just been remodeled and offers a contemporary look. The room was average with a few amenities that were missing like a light bulb in a night stand lamp and a TV control that did not always change channels or volume. Minor problems when the internet was fast and the room temp was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Carolyn B, Thank you so much for the comments and our entire staff appreciate them. Thank you for bringing the issues with your room to our attention so that we can correct them. We look forward to showing you an exceptional stay in the future!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charleston? Share your experiences!