“My stay was due to a death in my family. While I was there...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Gilmer
“My stay was due to a death in my family. While I was there...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My stay was due to a death in my family. While I was there a maid came in and stole money out of my suitcase. They have her on tape coming into my room. They talked to her she of course denied it. The manager Rosie was very friendly and helpful. But I did feel they were on her side. I did not press charges against this woman, because of being from out of town, and could not stay any longer. She got a free pass. Which I hope she pays for in the long run. Just thought you should know about it. As I sure nothing was ever done about it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtel1993, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for what' happened at the hotel. However, through the investigation, It shows the maid did enter the room and that is all we can see. Unfortuntely with out the guest filing a police report our hands were tied. We had the maid come in and tried to call the guest back so she could talk to her personally, but didnot get a answer. If there had been a police report filed we would have supplied them with the copy of the tape and did what we could have done to assist the guest in this matter. The maid does not work here anymore. My goal is to exceed the guest satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South

Address: 600 2nd Ave SW, South Charleston, WV 25303
Location: United States > West Virginia > South Charleston
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in South Charleston
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South 2*
Renovated,complimentary continental breakfast, free local and long distance with in the continental US, complimentary wireless high-speed internet, interior corridor and electronic locks, on site guest laundry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel South Charleston Hotel South Charleston
South Charleston Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.