“Great Reunion-- great BIG room” 4 of 5 stars

You added Allegheny Springs Condos at Snowshoe Mountain to your Saves list
Allegheny Springs Condos at Snowshoe Mountain
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   PO Box 10, Snowshoe, WV 26209   |
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Reunion-- great BIG room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at Allegheny Springs for a Reunion, and found my room 244 recently decorated and very spacious--2br, each w/2Q, 2bath, den with a fold out couch and more seating, and a real dining area with a spacious table. I did not cook, but the kitchenette seemed well stocked and there was a large fridge. I visited in the summer, but I think I would have been very happy with the room for a winter ski trip with four kids, or even another couple with kids and all the ski gear. Desk staff were very courteous and the two lounge areas were great for meeting/greeting and even for an evening sing-along. Since this accommodation consists of private condos and is not a hotel, I did miss the option of a guest message board for making contacts. I would definitely choose Allegheny Springs over the other accommodations I saw near the Village area.

Room Tip: Corner rooms (144, 244, etc.) facing the mountain have a green view of the top of chair lifts and ar...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
knoxville, tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Snowshoe touts this as their "luxury" hotel. I would place it in a much more average category, similar to Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, etc. Clean, but certainly not luxurious.

We rented a one-bedroom. Fully functional kitchen. Fold-out sofa in the living room was adequate for the small kids, but an adult certainly wouldn't want to sleep there, especially after a long day of skiing. Separate bedroom was nice as it allowed us to stay up and read after the kids went to sleep.

As stated previously, this is in no way a luxury hotel. Very average and mundane fit and finish. Linens are of pretty low quality. Very clean, though.

The hotel touts a year-round outdoor pool. Supposedly heated to 89 degrees in the winter. The pool was freezing in late March. I'd estimate the pool temperature to be in the upper sixties, maybe low seventies. I didn't see a soul get in during our entire stay. The hot tub was nice, though. Just don't promise your kids a pool in the winter or they'll be very disappointed.

Bellhops completely unwilling to help with luggage, etc. Front desk not overly helpful either.

Location is great with true ski-in/ski-out. If needed rentals are downstairs. Nice ski lockers come with the room.

Be prepared for a lack of communications which could be good or bad depending on your vacation goals. Apparently some limited ATT cell service, but absolutely no other cell service from any providers. No calls, no text, no data. Shockingly there is no wi-fi in the rooms. Maybe the only hotel on the face of the planet that doesn't have wi-fi. They do provide an ethernet cord and jack in the dining area which wasn't too convenient for us. Obviously the ethernet cord doesn't help at all if you are planning on using your Ipad or cell for data. Disconnecting from the world can be good on vacation, just be prepared.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our family stayed at Allegheny Springs in a 2BR suite, and we found it fairly spacious, well appointed and clean. Our biggest complaint was the noise. Our neighbors woke us up in the middle of the night with their noise, and the crowd in the jacuzzi was quite loud as well around midnight (even though the pool supposedly closes at 10 p.m.). I wish Snowshoe would have separate lodgings (or at least portions of properties) designated to families (or just for those who want a more quiet stay). Otherwise, I wish Allegheny would have been a bit more strict about ensuring guests were not noisy.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

When we got to the hotel, our room wasn't ready so they gave us a voucher to get dinner. They were really kind and actually apologetic for not being prepared. Once we got into our room, it still wasn't completely clean (oreos and eye drop packets were on the floor in the bedroom). However, the rest of the place was clean and didn't smell (we've had problems with the smell at Expedition Station). Our room faced the pool and village. We were there during Ball Hooter Spring Break so they were having concerts in the village. They were good about making sure the noise was done at a descent hour. The front desk staff were always polite and welcoming. They made sure to make us feel special and went out of their way to tell me about how good my kids had been that week. The ski lockers are not very convenient to the rooms as you have to go outside then back in again but it's not a deal breaker. We are just used to Expedition Stations locker room. Allegheny's lockers were easier to maneuver and had places to sit down. Not to mention that they are right at the exit of Ball Hooter lift. You can even get to the Hootenanny trail to get to Soaring Eagle lift without having to go across the entire mountain. You are, also, in easy access to Split Rocks pool (but you have your own pool), Starbucks, shops and Junction Station). We will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were looking for a last minute trip to the mountains and this exceeded my expectations. Great facilities and great family activities that were included in the stay. Everything was in walking distance from our hotel room. The lake activities and hikes were my favorite and the kids enjoyed the treasure hunt. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hendersonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We booked into Allegheny Springs on Sunday night to Friday. We booked through VRBO for Monday - Friday, but decided to come up a day early. The staff at the Hotel were terrific, they let us book in for 1 night prior to our VRBO stay, the concierge meet all our needs. As far as available grocery stores, I would recommend you come prepared for meals unless you intend to eat out everyday. We did eat out at the Sunset Cantina, It was wonderful, food was quick, and tasted terrific. We also eat out at the Fox Fire Grill, we were not impressed, the food took forever to come out, and it was extremely busy. After a full day of MOW MOW the POW POW, we were very hungry. As far as Allegheny Springs goes, night 1 we booked a regular hotel room on the Mountain side top floor, it was terrific, very clean room, great view of the mountain. The 1 bedroom vrbo we booked from Monday - Friday, was on the first floor facing the pool, actually only steps to the pool, this came in handy at night. ONLY complaint, it is too noisy for our family, I could hear the voices of my neighbors above us and beside. I would highly recommend booking your stay from a ski point of view from Monday to Friday, the lift lines were not busy and the skiing was awesome, 6 inches of fresh powder. Great for the East coast. If you are booking and have a larger group, I would recommend Black Bear Crossing, it is truly an upscale spot, and in Feb it is ski in/ski out. It is missing the pool, but your balconies have a hot tub. "private hot tub" Overall, Allegheny was good, comfort wise, beds did not meet our expectations, firm, not enough pillows, kitchen was what you would expect in a hotel style condo, limited. It meet our needs for this ski trip, but in the future I will be back to Black Bear Crossing.

Room Tip: I would recommend top floor unit here, facing the mountain.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a great time at snowshoe, but the front desk staff at allegheny springs made many mistakes. When we first checked in, they said my credit card was declined. After checking with my bank, we realized the card was entered with an incorrect expiration date by the front desk staffer. After this initial embarrassing moment and struggling to contact my bank on a weekend, we tried again at check out. I explained what happened the first time, and presented my card a second time. The new staffer re-entered my card information with the correct expiration date. At this point she accidentally credited my card with the full amount, instead of debiting... So, now she had to run the card for double the amount. Luckily, I had enough to cover... The credit will not show up for 2 days, but the debit shows up immediately. Overall, these mistakes resulted in a very poor customer experience. The front desk staff was very friendly, but multiple mistakes made it a stressful and anxious weekend. If you decide to stay at allegheny springs, make sure you have plenty of money to cover any processing mistakes.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Allegheny Springs Condos at Snowshoe Mountain? Share your experiences!